Micro 4/3 Olympus 15mm f8 pancake lens for the street!!

I'd heard of it - didn't realize it would be manual focus - not a bad thing to take out on a tiny body (EPM1 or similar) on a sunny day. Then again, I'm already using the 12 the same way and its not like its any less "stealth" the way I shoot it, and its nice to be able to open it up a bit in lower light - f8 is pretty limited...

-Ray

It's also probably also right at the edge of diffraction effects. Still, that lens makes the EPM1 pocketable, as long as you don't wear your skinny jeans. (and why would you?)

This sounds like a fun lens to use on the EPM1. I already have the Pana 14mm, but will get this just for fun since it should be affordable and will make the camera truly pocketable. Always nice to see non-mainstream offerings.

-Thomas

Should the price/perfomance curve be right I will be all over this like a cheap suit!
No AF should make it fast to use w/zone focus

Wow, FIFTY bucks?!?!?! I'll probably have to get one just for the curiosity factor. Yesterday I shot all day at f8, zone focussing (more like hyper-focussing) the 12mm. I don't know if the results from this would have compared, but I'd guess they'd have been OK for my purposes... And I sure wouldn't worry about hurting the lens!

-Ray

They definitely hit the price point for this thing. (Leica body caps cost from $30 to $60). Put this on an E-PM1 body and it's pocketable, at least it was when I tried it with an actual lens cap. It's much better than the 14, which I also tried. I'll be really curious to see some shots.

Tried to buy one but their web site kept insisting that "The ship to city, state, zip that you entered is incorrect." Not sure why they would think that since I regularly get stuff sent to that address :)

Guess I'll have to wait until I can pick one up in a store somewhere.

-Thomas

I think this $50 lens combined with the $150 E-PL1 at Cameta Camera might be an amazing and very affordable combination for daytime shooting. I'm tempted!

Back