Micro 4/3 Showcase Olympus Air A01

DeeJayK

All-Pro
Name
Keith
Picked this little thing up on a lark. It's a fun little option that lends itself to creativity.

20220315_084405.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If anyone else has (had) one, please feel free to share your images.

- K

Got some 3D printed accoutrements for the Air today.

View attachment 304120

It works pretty well in terms of ergonomics, but I'm not sure I'll be brave (or foolish?) enough to brandish this kit on the streets.

- K

A bit late, but may I ask where you got that? Silly but fun.

I was looking for my Panasonic 14mm 2.5 and finally found it on my Air which I have not used since my Nexus 5X days. Decided to find the old OA.Central app and install it on my backup phone (Pixel 4XL, so 4th phone I had since that Nexus). Took a bit of time to remember how to connect that little thing, but I got it working... I now remember how much fun that little thing was...

53489852253_c87687f766_h.jpg

Also found this from apparently the last time I used it...

53490004109_c86c22cc53_h.jpg

A bit late, but may I ask where you got that? Silly but fun.

I was looking for my Panasonic 14mm 2.5 and finally found it on my Air which I have not used since my Nexus 5X days. Decided to find the old OA.Central app and install it on my backup phone (Pixel 4XL, so 4th phone I had since that Nexus). Took a bit of time to remember how to connect that little thing, but I got it working... I now remember how much fun that little thing was...

View attachment 444818

Also found this from apparently the last time I used it...

View attachment 444819
Sadly, Keith has disappeared again for awhile. I think we contribute to him buying too much shit 😂 Too bad…I miss his presence here.

Took it out today, had a lot of fun, but a lot of the things that caused me to stop using it cropped up again. When it gets hot, it looses wifi - and becomes pretty much useless. Since it was not too hot today, it took it about an hour to get to this point...

Lovely toy, unfortunately, it was certainly under-developed and since it was never updated, we will never get a new one from Olympus and I imagine OM Systems as well.

I will continue to take it at times, but it is really a toy camera that allows you to get into interesting compositions easily, but has real limits.

Back