Olympus E-P3 w/Kit Lens $399 at Adorama

Yeah, and close to $1000. I settled for an E-PM2 and am quite happy. Maybe check out the E-PL5.

I'm really wondering how they will justify a price that may be higher than the E-M5 will be retailing for. What can the E-P5 have that more than offsets the EVF and whatever else they don't carry over from the E-M5? The sensor is not getting updated (I don't think). As much as I don't like the pyramid atop the E-M5, I don't think I'd be willing to pay more for a lesser camera just to go flat on top.

I'm really wondering how they will justify a price that may be higher than the E-M5 will be retailing for. What can the E-P5 have that more than offsets the EVF and whatever else they don't carry over from the E-M5? The sensor is not getting updated (I don't think). As much as I don't like the pyramid atop the E-M5, I don't think I'd be willing to pay more for a lesser camera just to go flat on top.

I agree with you but this tends to happen as one camera generation begins to replace another. The E-P5 will be brand new, so it may sell at MSRP for a while, which might be a bit more than the discounted OM-D will be selling for. But when the OM-D's replacement is announced (allegedly in September or thereabouts), the situation with be rectified. But people may still get a great deal on the OM-D, which is what I am waiting for. This often happens with other camera brands as well.

Good point Biro. I guess the question is how long will the E-P5 be selling alongside the E-M5 before the E-M6 (?) arrives?

Back