News Olympus is bringing out new cameras - but we're short on details.

Name
Andy
Apparently Olympus are bringing out a couple new cameras in a few months but I have no details. I was told that they are well worth waiting for!! Hmm, I wonder what they could be?? I'm thinking a major upgrade from the E-P2 resulting in the E-P3 but I really, honestly don't know. There are rumors of a Pen Pro with Olympus designed M4/3 sensor that's better than all other M4/3 sensors and it will have a built in EVF too...apparently. Will it be as good as the X100? It certainly won't be as good looking I suspect but will probably be cheaper.

Hi Ghosie....like evereyone else I always look forward to the next goodie coming from Olympus....I am not attempting to start a war but I did post this at "another site" re the new President of Oly being an Englsh man or Westerner

I have been using Olympus from the E-10, E-20, E-1, E-3 and then I had to switch to a smaller lighter and more compact camera the E-P1, then the E-P2.
From the very beginning this quality camera was well received in Canada and our representation from the company was excellent, however ever since they created this complex in the USA we in Canada do not enjoy the same freedom of choice not only of cameras but the accessaries. It is not the reps that are at fault it is the policy of Olympus making the centre of distribution the USA.....there is another much bigger country north of there that would like the same kind of distribution available to them. If the sales of their product is falling up here it is because of the way the re-alignment was made. I know that our population is much smaller but we do deserve better service. Europe and the UK get great service as well as the USA and we would like to have the same.

I love Oly products but we in Canada do get shortchanged with accessories not available or hard to get and when you do expensive....I was able to get a lens hood and bag for the 14-150mm lens finally.....but it was more costly than the price from Olympus Canada and that is what makes me so mad!! Again, it isn't the "hired help" but poor marketing from Japan.

Please don't jump all over me for this.....just had to say it.

Great news for the M4/s format if Olympus do bring out some effective new bodies.

personally, I hope the user interface is a major upgrade from that of the EP2.

Apparently Olympus are bringing out a couple new cameras in a few months but I have no details. I was told that they are well worth waiting for!! Hmm, I wonder what they could be?? I'm thinking a major upgrade from the E-P2 resulting in the E-P3 but I really, honestly don't know. There are rumors of a Pen Pro with Olympus designed M4/3 sensor that's better than all other M4/3 sensors and it will have a built in EVF too...apparently. Will it be as good as the X100? It certainly won't be as good looking I suspect but will probably be cheaper.

I just spent my 2011 camera budget and now this news:D Oly has demonstrated the potential of the FT sensor with the E5. So let's hope a top of the line mft will be at least as good. But what is really needed as well are mft Zuiko lenses.

Back