Micro 4/3 Showcase OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO 17mm F1.8

davidzvi

Hall of Famer
Name
David
One of my all time favorites, I keep going between this, the Pan 14mm, and PanLeica 15mm. I'll probably pick up another 14mm, but this time I think I'll just keep the 17mm as well.

P8300005.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P8300090.jpg

P9010202.jpg

Lightroom says I use this lens almost twice as much as any other .....next in line is 25 mm f 1.8. This thread inspired me to walk around our neighborhood. Here are a few....from Fripp Island, South Carolina

Pen f w 17mm f-1.8 (1 of 11).jpg

Pen f w 17mm f-1.8 (4 of 11).jpg
Pen f w 17mm f-1.8 (7 of 11).jpg
Pen f w 17mm f-1.8 (9 of 11).jpg
Pen f w 17mm f-1.8 (6 of 11).jpg

From Fripp Island, South Carolina

I’ve flown an LS4 a few times - from Sisteron in the French Alps. Lovely glider. Where are you based?
I no longer fly but my home base when I started was near Cincinnati, Ohio. We moved to South Carolina in 2007 and I flew in winter for 10 years from Seminole Lake Gliderport about 35 miles west of Orlando, Florida. Was in a partnership at Seminole Lake with three gliders; LS8, DG800 and DG 1000 turbo. I also had a partnership in a ASW27 for a while in Cincinnati.

Ahhh the French Alps. We made a brief stop at the gliderport at Fayence when we were on a trip to France in April, 2000. Martin Heide happened to be there that day. He told us a little about the ASH 25.

I did a fair amount of mountain flying including an annual trip or two to Ridge Soaring located on the main ridge line in central Pennsylvania. Got to know Tom and Doris Grove very well. Discus in my avatar photo taken at Ridge Soaring . Also made several trips to fly in the Sierra Nevada mountains in Nevada and northern California. Mountain flying ...... not for the faint hearted but the most exhilarating.

Best Regards, Jim Price

Lightroom says I use this lens almost twice as much as any other .....next in line is 25 mm f 1.8. This thread inspired me to walk around our neighborhood. Here are a few....from Fripp Island, South Carolina

View attachment 281764

View attachment 281765View attachment 281766View attachment 281767View attachment 281768

From Fripp Island, South Carolina
I made the mistake of purchasing the 2.8 from Japan and having it lost in shipping by the time it arrived it was to late to return it's my "least used " lens. Greetings from N.C.

Back