Micro 4/3 Showcase Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.2 PRO

Ming P

Regular
This lens doesn't seem to have a showcase yet, so I'm creating one. The Olympus 45/1.2 is extremely well-regarded for posed portraiture, but since I don't really do that genre, here's some street musicians instead.

To start, here is an erhu (a traditional Chinese bowed string instrument) player under the Arcade (the old meaning of the word: an arched, covered passageway) in Bethesda Terrace in Central Park in New York City. I've seen this performer a number of times over the years; I think he's been doing this for a long time. Perhaps as a way to appeal to tourists and locals, he usually plays American pop music and famous songs from Disney and Broadway.

P1034764_web.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is Rob (last name unknown) at Strawberry Fields in Central Park in New York City. Unlike most musicians at Strawberry Fields, who play acoustic-electric and electric guitar, Rob plays the cello. Even so, he plays a lot of The Beatles and other rock and pop, as is tradition at Strawberry Fields.

P1045177_web.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really liked the light that I got here. With street, we photographers don't always get to create the scene we want. While capturing the good light, unfortunately I got a bit of an awkward expression. That's on me.

The Olympus 45/1.2 is still pretty new to me. So far, I've really liked the results I've gotten. I do feel a bit of guilt around owning so many redundant lenses, though. The Sigma 56/1.4 was already great, and I'm not sure I'm getting enough of a difference here.

Back