Olympus Outlet, till the 23rd - Actually Good!

You guys are a bad influence. I ordered the reconditioned E-M5 II. Because insomnia. ;) I had actually considered that camera on several other occasions. I got a lot of nice photos when I had the original. I'm sure this will be no different in that regard.

You guys are a bad influence. I ordered the reconditioned E-M5 II. Because insomnia. ;) I had actually considered that camera on several other occasions. I got a lot of nice photos when I had the original. I'm sure this will be no different in that regard.
At least someone bought one, at a good $15 lower than I paid for mine. Hope you enjoy it, I think you will! It feels better made than the OG model, hefty but small. The 16mp can only do what it can do, but the hardware is fantastic.

At least someone bought one, at a good $15 lower than I paid for mine. Hope you enjoy it, I think you will! It feels better made than the OG model, hefty but small. The 16mp can only do what it can do, but the hardware is fantastic.
I almost passed on the deal, then decided to go for it at about 3 this morning. Really. I expected it to be already sold out, and the 1 Mk II was, but they took my order for the 5 Mk II. I plan to use it with a lens I've never owned before, the 9-18. I've been working to keep my lens catalog very small, and with the sale of my XF 23 WR, the 9-18 will be my only native lens in either m4/3 or Fuji.

I almost passed on the deal, then decided to go for it at about 3 this morning. Really. I expected it to be already sold out, and the 1 Mk II was, but they took my order for the 5 Mk II. I plan to use it with a lens I've never owned before, the 9-18. I've been working to keep my lens catalog very small, and with the sale of my XF 23 WR, the 9-18 will be my only native lens in either m4/3 or Fuji.
That's exactly the lens that's been GASsing on my mind lately, I feel like it would be a near-perfect small wide-angle package. Throw maybe an Olympus 45mm prime into the mix at some point (and, why would I ever get rid of my 20/1.7?) and that's a fairly complete, tiny kit.

I just took the 9-18 on an outing as my sole lens. Great for architecture. I notice on mine, I need to run it through some perspective correction, as the rectilinear lines are straight, but not quite square at the edges. Otherwise it’s a fun one.

I just took the 9-18 on an outing as my sole lens. Great for architecture. I notice on mine, I need to run it through some perspective correction, as the rectilinear lines are straight, but not quite square at the edges. Otherwise it’s a fun one.
Do you have any experiences with how DXO applies corrections for this lens? Does it automatically treat things like distortion, and the fringing that some folks have mentioned?

Do you have any experiences with how DXO applies corrections for this lens? Does it automatically treat things like distortion, and the fringing that some folks have mentioned?
I only use PureRAW, so whatever it automatically does via the lens corrections is it. I‘d have to look at the before and after to compare, which I’m not able to do at the moment.

The E-M5.2 is a great in the hand camera. I was tempted. You know I have a nice PL25 f/1.4 for sale if I could be a worse influence. ;)

I seem to recall @Jonathan F/2 really loved the output from the E-M5.2.

Back