Film Olympus Pen FV

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
To go with my FT, the slightly rarer FV, no meter but supposedly a brighter viewfinder. Love the green-leatherette finish - quite a pleasant surprise.

Looking forward to running some film through this.

I have to say - new found respect for the Japanese postal service - it arrived faster than stuff shipped within my own country (the Swiss & Irish also seem very speedy!)

O6J0P0dvOl8SKmj-mqV3TSiIgxMuA2tWM5DPKMrp-qC3IKipvMPqwVWzjQcWYXJie0RVeZVfpVHla4rusg=w740-h1084-no.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The PEN FT is one of my favourite cameras - and the FV does away with the only gripe I have at times (apart from the viewfinder that can indeed be a bit murky): the somewhat capricious meter. That said, I still appreciate that the FT has one on board - but make sure to report how the camera feels in use; I have found my Leica CL to offer a quite pleasant way of use when the batteries are empty (well, I had to learn the hard way - because it went dead after the first three frames).

M.

The PEN FT is one of my favourite cameras - and the FV does away with the only gripe I have at times (apart from the viewfinder that can indeed be a bit murky): the somewhat capricious meter. That said, I still appreciate that the FT has one on board - but make sure to report how the camera feels in use; I have found my Leica CL to offer a quite pleasant way of use when the batteries are empty (well, I had to learn the hard way - because it went dead after the first three frames).
M.

Yes - it took me awhile to realise the metering wasn't quite right due to the different voltages between the older/newer cells - always made me take a couple of frames either side just in case. I think at that point I realised I'd stick mostly to B&W on the older cameras (much more exposure lattitude & graininess/strong-black adds character even if you're completely off) and look to get more of the meterless models from that era. Although I certainly breathe a little sigh of relief when I get to use something more modern with the extra bells & whistles (aperture priority / solid metering) like the OM-4T, Nikon FE/FM or F100.

Next, I'm on the look out for a quality Pen F - that gothic 'F' etched into the front is beautiful :)

Back