Olympus SZ-30MR super macro mode, impressed with this one!

thekeddi

Top Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
South Australia
Thanks!

cropped about 1/3 off? and a little sharpened, but I am super impressed with it as it's one of the best super macro modes I have had so far :) Can't wait to chase down some bees! hehehehehe

You can get right up close, in super macro mode you can't zoom in it's a fixed focal length.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Thanks!

cropped about 1/3 off? and a little sharpened, but I am super impressed with it as it's one of the best super macro modes I have had so far :) Can't wait to chase down some bees! hehehehehe

You can get right up close, in super macro mode you can't zoom in it's a fixed focal length.
I thought you would be able to do that with the XZ-1 too. Is that not the case (in which case its just been struck off my list)?

thekeddi

Top Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
South Australia
You can do macro with the XZ-1 but from a couple of photos today this seems to do better? I'll have to do more tests. It's way better than the f550 I had though. But it's not as good with low light as the XZ-1. Every camera has its drawbacks, it's why we have more than one lol.

XZ-1 is still for sale/swap :)

jazzle

Regular
Oct 14, 2011
this is very impressive, what was the focal length of this shot if you don't mind me asking?? it's got great detail

thekeddi

Top Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
South Australia
Hey! I just went to our local electronics shop today where I got my X100 from, they have an X10 in stock! It looks very special, I'm fighting with myself about getting it :) I wonder who will win?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom