• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Olympus to exit, or at least scale back, from the digital camera market?

Lawrence A.

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
New Mexico
I have a Pen-F, an EM-5, and a Stylus 1s, so I hope this isn't true. I still have a bitter taste from the abandonment of the OM system many years that left a lot of us hanging, though God knows there was plenty of used stuff to keep one going. Maybe I'll take the plunge and just go with Fuji, which I've thought of for a while. I decided to keep one system and sell my X-Pro 1 because I had a drawer full of M43 glass. Maybe I made the wrong decision. I sure loved that hybrid VF in the XPro.

Tilman Paulin

Top Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
Even if it was true, there will be loads of used and new gear for quite some time.
Just last year (2018!) I managed to grab a "brand-new in box" Olympus 12-60mm four -thirds lens from amazon itself for $300 🙃

Either way, Olympus needs to not hold back with the E-M5 mk3.
If they limit it too much in order to "protect" their 2 year old E-M1 mk2 they'll have a problem, I think.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom