Leica Showcase Olympus Zuiko OM 90mm f/2 Macro

How is that working out for you Amin? I try shooting my EM-1 with the Leica lenses, but it's not a satisfying experience....

It's a mixed bag. My two Summiluxes (35 and 50) perform great optically on the Sony. The main issue is that I have to focus them wide open and then stop down before shooting. Overall I like it. Not quite as much as I do on a Leica, but there are some perks: simplicity of using one system, image stabilization, more accurate framing, easier to focus long teles, etc. And when I want to shoot a rangefinder and use the lenses as they were meant to be used, the MP is very satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a mixed bag. My two Summiluxes (35 and 50) perform great optically on the Sony. The main issue is that I have to focus them wide open and then stop down before shooting. Overall I like it. Not quite as much as I do on a Leica, but there are some perks: simplicity of using one system, image stabilization, more accurate framing, easier to focus long teles, etc. And when I want to shoot a rangefinder and use the lenses as they were meant to be used, the MP is very satisfying.
What intrigues me most about the Sony cameras is that the focus peaking seems to be extremely visible and relatively easy to use... The FP in the EM-1 (and the M240) actually leave a lot to be desired. Mainly they are practically invisible in many instances, Might as well stop down and use hyper focusing....

Amin, do keep your eyes open for an M9 in good shape. Pricing is getting pretty reasonable. The look of the images from the M9 is amazing, along with the ff detail.

Very much like shooting a film Leica, and of course it's perfect for the M lenses.

What intrigues me most about the Sony cameras is that the focus peaking seems to be extremely visible and relatively easy to use... The FP in the EM-1 (and the M240) actually leave a lot to be desired. Mainly they are practically invisible in many instances, Might as well stop down and use hyper focusing....

Couldn't agree with you more. The M240 peaking is not that great. I think partly to blame is the lousy EVF2. The other problem is the fix focus point. I wonder why they couldn't fix that in their software. How hard could it be, just a few lines of codes :)

Couldn't agree with you more. The M240 peaking is not that great. I think partly to blame is the lousy EVF2. The other problem is the fix focus point. I wonder why they couldn't fix that in their software. How hard could it be, just a few lines of codes :)

I might consider a Monochrom if the prices dropped enough. I think that the M240 is a better camera all the way around so getting an M9 would not make sense to me.... The 7Ar II is an extremely capable camera and would work great with manual lenses if it would be compatible with the fine Leica lenses. But it it does no better than the EM-1, it would not be a good option, even at a fraction of the cost of the M240, Monochrom, or even a used M9.

Back