Film OM-4T on the way

Amin

Hall of Famer
My favorite film camera was an OM-2n. Made the mistake of selling it some years ago after getting a Nikon FM2n that I never really bonded with.

So, I've ordered an Exc+ OM-4T (black) from KEH, due for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait! Also re-purchased one of my favorite lenses, the Zuiko OM 40mm f/2. Never should have sold that either :rolleyes:.

That 40mm was a sweet little lens, wish I still had mine. My current OM-2N died recently (shutter doesn't fire anymore) so I'm debating what to get now, another OM-2N or an OM-2S or maybe OM-4T, tough choice. I had an OM-4T years ago and really liked the light meter with multi-spot metering.

-Thomas

I don't know if I'll use the spot metering, but I'm hoping the 4T will last a long time. KEH has a bunch of 2N and 4T in stock.

I have a Champagne 4Ti - love that thing !

Just need a 3 to complete the collection - although I could never justify the price it commands.

Weirdly the 2n seems to be the thing I shoot most often with the motor-drive unit.

Make sure you get good cells - probably not a problem with the more modern 4 series but it makes a difference metering on the 1 & 2.

I don't know if I'll use the spot metering, but I'm hoping the 4T will last a long time. KEH has a bunch of 2N and 4T in stock.

multispot really can nail the exposure in difficult circumstances, although I prefer to meter manually and decide myself. Still, I was impressed by the way it calculates a perfect exposure from several spot readings. It really was one of the best film cameras ever made. I don't have the T, but my first version apparently got the new circuit board, as batteries last me months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back