Micro 4/3 OM-D/7-14 at the Guggenheim Bilbao

I did a search on the 7-14 (just bought a used one) and just saw this thread for the first time. Not sure how I missed it way back in June of 2012 (I was probably at the beach and not paying much attention to the forums). I'm glad I stumbled onto it. This is brilliant stuff Bob. You need an ultra-wide in your bag. Hopefully Fuji gets that 10-24 into your hands sooner than later...

-Ray

Isn't there a major problem with these photos?

Sure, they are beautifully composed and exposed.

But today "everyone" on the internet "knows" that the 7-14/4 lens has a disastrous flaw, especially on Olympus bodies - "every" exposure has horrible purple blobs. </humor>

These are beautiful pics from one of the best m4/3 lenses available today. :cool::2thumbs:

These were taken almost a year and a half ago, when probably not even half of "everyone" knew about the purple blobs. So these are exempt!

I just got the lens and am using it with an EM1 and I can make the purple flare happen, but only very occasionally and it helps to be trying for it. I'm debating whether to to to the trouble of adding the little filter holder to the rear of the lens which seems to be the trick to eliminate this problem. But I suppose I'll have to see it as a problem enough times before I'll reach that level of motivation...

-Ray

I had the purple blob on a number of interior architectural photos using the 7-14 on the EM5. Only noticed them after I read about them though. They weren't keeper photos anyway. But I'd hate to see purple blobs on my upcoming European vacation.

I have been taking pictures since Nixon's first term... ;) ...I can make nearly any lens flare in various, unpredictable and unattractive ways - as I know you can. :) The thread may be old, but the photos are great!

I had the purple blob on a number of interior architectural photos using the 7-14 on the EM5. Only noticed them after I read about them though. They weren't keeper photos anyway. But I'd hate to see purple blobs on my upcoming European vacation.

The most I have seen with mine on the EM5 is some occasional nasty CA fringing.

Thanks, guys, Honestly never had any real issues with purple blobs, when I shot with this lenses. All super wides flare at some point

Back