Sony OMG!!! How good is this lens for NEX!!!!

Sep 8, 2010
London UK
Andy
Sep 8, 2010
London UK
Andy
I can not believe how much detail there is especially the bottom left one with the sun reflection!!! Also the detail in the black bits, Awesome!!

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Sorry about the double post. Old man with shakey hands and using cell phone for a computer.
Steve
Steve, no apologies needed - I really think it's a site related slowness that happens every once in a while. Either way, it happens to the best of us!

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Nic, those are all great choices to show the greatness of that lens, but let's not forget it is your vision behind it all. Thank goodness one can click on your images to see them larger. The first and third, in particular and in my not so humble opinion, are crying out to be seen big! Love the tones in that first image, especially...and then the color in your last one is, well to me, absolutely magnificent. I also like the simplicity of that image very much.

P.S. Andy have you used this lens on your E-PL2 yet? I can't remember.

S Noel

All-Pro
Oct 5, 2010
Casey County, KY (Liberty)
Stephen Noel
BB, I have tried different settings on my E-p1, but don't have it right yet. Just got lazy and now mostly use the pany 14-45. Kinda waiting for oly to bring us a ovf m4/3. Just hopin', not holdin' my breath!
Steve

S Noel

All-Pro
Oct 5, 2010
Casey County, KY (Liberty)
Stephen Noel
BB, I have tried different settings on my E-p1, but don't have it right yet. Just got lazy and now mostly use the pany 14-45. Kinda waiting for oly to bring us a ovf m4/3. Just hopin', not holdin' my breath!
Steve

Sep 8, 2010
London UK
Andy
Nic....What can i say!! Superb images not just in image quality but all other factors too!

As good as this lens is i may still get the Carl Zeiss 24mm f/1.7 when it comes out as it has AF. Then again it also depends on how much it's going to cost!

Luckypenguin

Hall of Famer
Dec 24, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nic
Thanks, BB. Sorry, I realise this thread is in the NEX forum but I don't have one of those lying around right now! The Canon shots give about the same field of view as a NEX. To me the Viv 24/2.8 performs well above it's station as a third-party lens. Not exactly as sharp as my Canon nFD 24/2.8 but it seems to produce more vibrant colours and smoother and more pleasant looking out-of-focus areas.

Luckypenguin

Hall of Famer
Dec 24, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nic
Nic....What can i say!! Superb images not just in image quality but all other factors too!

As good as this lens is i may still get the Carl Zeiss 24mm f/1.7 when it comes out as it has AF. Then again it also depends on how much it's going to cost!
Hey, Andy. Thank you! The imminent Panasonic 25mm for m4/3 seems like it won't be cheap either so my Vivitar will most likely be in use for a while yet.

Is your Vivitar the same version as mine? This one is an OM mount

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
you should be able to figure it out...
It'll be AF. I can't even begin to imagine Sony releasing only its fourth e-mount lens for the Nex line and NOT have AF. Can't even conceive of the most remote possibility!

-Ray

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom