Feedback On Alert preferences

mike3996

Legend
Overnight my alert preferences changed and now I can't even find where to adjust the setting.

I have those alerts set up so that I can click on the bell (desktop thing) and see them and they won't be marked as read just from clicking on the bell. When I came to check the posts this morning, it was reverted to default behavior, which is to mark everything read as the first thing that happens. I can't seem to find the place to change it back.

:whistle:
giphy.gif

The recent update may have broken these preferences further. I have the options available but the popup clears the numbers once I click on the icon.
If you keep the list open, you can still use it, and the alert colours stay intact. I think it's not a bad solution ... For a few hours at least, alert clean-up didn't work properly anymore, but it's now back to something a lot more efficient (work down the list to check what's important for you, leave the list, alerts cleared).

Something I have to check next time is if reaching for any of the threads also mentioned in an alert also clears that alert - I could live with that; I'm not sure it's the best solution. But there are many of us who don't like the alerts much at all, so maybe it's a good thing to reduce the "load". I for one use the alert list often - but maybe it's a moderator thing ... (not that I have changed my usage habits that much, to be honest).

M.

The problem is that sometimes I don't have much time to catch up and I have to leave some threads for later.

This worked until today. I would see on the morning that I have say 10 alerts and after opening one thread I'd get that number down to 9. I could close my tabs and continue from that number, later on.

Back