On or off camera lighting and things

The only thing that looks off is the artifact to the right of each bean. It wouldn't logically be shadow, with such powerful light coming from that side, but if it is soft shadow from the softbox then something happened to it.
Well spotted :)

It's from the softbox. The surface is light green cartridge paper (my original plan was with a different box but it was a bit bent) - they are brown reflections of the shiny coffee beans which being dark and brown have soaked up a lot of colour from the adjustment layer.

I'll see if I can fix them.

Edit: I've done some work on the double shadow, replaced the image and left the old one up as an attachment. I was looking everywhere except under the beans for double shadows :)

Last edited:
A Broncolor Para 222 in its focused position spotlighted on model.

IMG_0120.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Played about with a new modifier and checkerboard lighting for another self portrait. AD200 in a gridded 65cm octabox (the new modifier) front right very close to me to light the right hand side of my face and nothing else, reflector on the left to lift the shadows on the left hand side of my face, and finally, a TT650o in a strip box directly behind me to create the light part of the background.

ZC040054.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back