Fuji Showcase On Safari at my local zoo w/55-200XF

SRHEdD

Regular
Real Name
Steven
Going to post a few shots from today's trip to the Brevard Zoo in Viera, Florida. Sunny and about 77 degrees today. Mostly with X-Pro2 and 55-200, but the last one was my X-E2.

DSCF0777b.jpg

DSCF0616b.jpg

DSCF0563b.jpg

DSCF0659b.jpg

DSCF0851b.jpg

DSCF0794b.jpg

DSCF0720b.jpg

DSCF0473b.jpg

DSCF1701b.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
David
Wonderful series. The Fuji 55-200 is a lens I wish all companies would make but very few do. It's the almost "Pro" build / feature set with a variable and or slower than f/2.8 (but faster than f/5.6) for the rest of us that don't need or want to afford the big f/2.8 zooms.

gryphon1911

All-Pro
Real Name
Andrew
I remember when I had my Fuji X-E1 and the 55-200. That lens was one of hte first ones that sold me on the awesomeness of mirrorless.

I still look back in fondness on the IQ of the X-E1. If I didn't love my PEN-F so much....I do lust a bit over the XPro-2 and the X-E3. I think Fuji finally has the system performance with those cameras in a place where I could consider them acceptable to me. Then the X100F...another lust camera for me as well.

then I think about what I have with m43...expecially the great primes like the 45/1.8 and 75/1.8 and it pulls me back from the brink....for a while, anyway.

Flickr Album - Fuji XF 55-200 Samples - gryphon1911

Flickr Album - Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Samples - gryphon1911

Flickr Album - Olympus 45mm f/1.8 Samples - gryphon1911

Anyway, really....no surprise about the quality of the 55-200, especially in your hands. I'm interested to hear about your experiences with the 100-400mm.

Real Name
David
.....I still look back in fondness on the IQ of the X-E1. If I didn't love my PEN-F so much....I do lust a bit over the XPro-2 and the X-E3. I think Fuji finally has the system performance with those cameras in a place where I could consider them acceptable to me. Then the X100F...another lust camera for me as well.

then I think about what I have with m43...expecially the great primes like the 45/1.8 and 75/1.8 and it pulls me back from the brink....for a while, anyway......
I thought long and hard before getting the X-E3. Phase AF in low light, low contrast situations, and the more direct shooting experience I get with my X70 tipped the scales to the X-E3 over the Pen F for me. But both are very good.

Last edited:

gryphon1911

All-Pro
Real Name
Andrew
I thought long and hard before getting the X-E3. Phase AF in low light, low contrast situations and more direct shooting experience I get with my X70 tipped the scales to the X-E3 over the Pen F for me. But both are very good.
I'm holding out hope that the PEN-F II will have a PDAF sensor like on the EM1 series. If not, then I'm really going to seriously think about looking at a Fuji setup.

Latest threads

Top Bottom