On the move - show your best shots

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
show us some shots incorporating movement as the main subject. Human, animal, vegetable or mineral. I'll start the ball rolling:

I strapped my GRD3 to the rear passenger door handle of my Land Rover Discovery, set for an 8 sec exposure then burned a donut in the church car park at the great break neck speed of 1mph.

6523893471_64f1f30844_b.jpg

On the move again! by petach123, on Flickr

Very cool Pete! For how many of the 8 seconds was your likeness in the mirror?

I think my best movement based shots were a series I did at a bike race last summer - simple panning shots at about 1/15. I keep coming back to this one, but there are a couple other keepers as well. not a theme I often think of, but conditions sort of forced my hand that evening.

View attachment 46184

-Ray

Good subject and it makes me realize that I don't do too many pictures with movement. Both you two, have shown two really good photos showing movement. I'm laughing at the "donuts" in the church parking lot, Pete.:D

Here are three from me - 1st one zoomed in with my former LX5 of our dog racing back to us with his beloved frisbee. The second another frisbee related shot - though it's out of the frame...and the third is pretty straightforward - light, shadow, lines and hubbub under the RR bridge. Later two taken with the Fuji X100.

5448866337_a47a7ff119_b.jpg

5781410649_58ac52d478_b.jpg

6345479967_49f5f6566c_b.jpg

Very cool Pete! For how many of the 8 seconds was your likeness in the mirror?

I think my best movement based shots were a series I did at a bike race last summer - simple panning shots at about 1/15. I keep coming back to this one, but there are a couple other keepers as well. not a theme I often think of, but conditions sort of forced my hand that evening.

View attachment 46192

-Ray

Hey Ray. I remember these, lovely stuff and the shot reminds me of a French cartoon of some kind (in a good way, but cannot put my finger on it) I was in the mirror the whole time trying to keep still, you can see I am ghosted in the mirror. I came 2nd in our club comp with a similar shot.

Cheers

They fit perfectly, Pavel.

Absolutely, Stratokaster. I love that first shot and remember when you first put it up with some disclaimer about it being your first attempt at street photography. A shot that I think any veteran would have been proud to have taken!

In a similar vein, here another of mine that isn't the quality of that shot, but is also very much an attempt to go for the same type of movement swirling around a relatively static main focal point in similar pedestrian environs.:

View attachment 46239

-Ray

Back