On Two Wheels

It's been a while since anyone has posted to this thread so let's get it back up and running. I brought the X100S along to the opening weekend of the local CX series here in Northeastern Ohio, put on by the team I race for. The DSLR did the vast majority of the heavy lifting image wise since the AF of the X100S just can't keep up, but I did get some decent shots by prefocusing or using manual focus (basically the same way I shot the CX worlds with my m43 gear). Here are a few that I liked:

9716399948_700e682564_c.jpg

BlueSky13-001 by ericarthur, on Flickr
a teammate on the longest run up of the day

9713162161_e571d5d3cb_c.jpg

BlueSky13-002 by ericarthur, on Flickr

9713185777_ceb6c161a9_c.jpg

BlueSky13-003 by ericarthur, on Flickr
this was a split second before she launched headfirst over the bars and somersaulted to the ground after her front tire stuck in that rut she's in. She flew from where she is in the photo and landed about 2 ft in front of me. The girl is one seriously tough cookie - she got up a little shaken and we checked her bike over (the rear brake was wedged closed on the rim so she shouldered it and ran it the remainder of the lap I think). She apparently got it fixed though because she came flying by me a couple laps later and was all smiles running up the stairs (where I was able to snap another photo, albeit with the 5DII).

9713176305_39c43cd585_c.jpg

BlueSky13-028 by ericarthur, on Flickr
Not necessarily 'on two wheels' but seeing as its at a bike race I'm using some creative license in posting it.

Attachments

• DSCF2776-1.jpg
    DSCF2776-1.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 167
Hey All,

TDP Look!!! My restoration project bike outside... Look familiar - look at your pics early in this thread.

Wow I was amazed to see what you photgraphed.

-Ed-

Attachments

• gt185.jpg
    gt185.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 166
It's been a while since anyone has posted to this thread so let's get it back up and running. I brought the X100S along to the opening weekend of the local CX series here in Northeastern Ohio, put on by the team I race for. The DSLR did the vast majority of the heavy lifting image wise since the AF of the X100S just can't keep up, but I did get some decent shots by prefocusing or using manual focus (basically the same way I shot the CX worlds with my m43 gear). Here are a few that I liked:
These are all great.

Cross-posted from the "things that go" thread, as its also relevant to this one.

View attachment 18247

Back