On1 and Capture 1

Name
Tim Williams
Although I have about got my problems with Capture1 sorted out I picked up On1 RAW 2019 along the way. I must say ON1 is more user friendly , converts Fuji RAW files just as good as Capture1 and has a catalog system. It works as a plugin for PS CC and so far will round trip to Luminar and back if that's important to anyone. Capture 1 plays nice with multiple programs and converts RAW files very well. Capture one Fuji Pro is very feature rich so hence for me a steeper learning curve. I will more than likely have 500+ images from Sebring 12 Hrs in March so both will get a workout.I will have a better bead on the one I will use. Right now I use On1 out of PS CC almost exclusively. I skip Lightroom all together, even with the new update.

I could never get images to look quite as good out of onone. Which could be really in part because I’ve used Capture One for so long. But, that’s me. If onone is working for you then you should work your images in it.

March will be my first heavy photo shoot in a long time. I will get to know both programs better. Trying to loose CC by May when my subscription renews. I can get to Affinity without closing Capture 1. That's a definite plus.

Back