Color One colour: Red

P3190530.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The timeless beauty with a sugary layer of Sahara dust.

Complying with one of photography's prime rules, "If it is red photograph it", I post these photos. I also love the boat's name. Having sailed on and off for most of my life I have seen lots of "interesting" boat names. Like "After You" and "The Office." I named it after you, babe. Tell them I am at the office.

Anyway, I caught this honey today and had to get a pic of it. How sweet can it get, and in red?!

Last edited:
I'm sorry if you or anybody else took umbrage, @boojum - this was in no way intended to offend.
I specifically chose something a bit different to the norm; we have red doors, red balloons, red berries,
red flowers, red T-shirts and many red cars. This was intended as a fun take on the red theme.
This is an Italian brand of coffee. Rather nice too! Apologies again.

I'm sorry if you or anybody else took umbrage, @boojum - this was in no way intended to offend.
I specifically chose something a bit different to the norm; we have red doors, red balloons, red berries,
red flowers, red T-shirts and many red cars. This was intended as a fun take on the red theme.
This is an Italian brand of coffee. Rather nice too! Apologies again.

No, no, no. Please. There have been and still are problems with racism and prejudice. And the heightened sensibilities associated with that can smother honest attempts at art, graphics, music, etc. I kind of liked the graphics. That fellow really likes the coffee. Would it work if the fellow had been white? Yeah, I guess so. But that is not what is on the can. On the can is an exuberant fellow with infectious joy.

I do not want this to become a long discussion of race and racial politics but I sure wish it were possible to have graphics/art like this one without raising an eyebrow anywhere. I fear I may have made it worse. Mea culpa.

Not being satisfied with the somewhat muddy colors of Spar Trek, I gussied them up a bit so that it is really obvious that red is the color.

Both shot with the Leica M9, Canon 50mm LTM f/1.8, f/8.0. Edited in the free on-line editor, Photopea. I like the editor because it is easy, and free.

Spar Trek II.jpg

Spar Trek I.jpg

Last edited:
Bit of a longish story. I know that selective colour is regarded as pretty naff. But here goes ...
Anyway - rather sad circumstances brought me to seek out these images from 2013, due to one of the band member's recent death and request by the family for images.
Stage lighting is generally awful and a challenge to work with and initially I made this entire image B&W, which looks quite okay.
But due to the very redness of this shirt, I thought I'd do a selective red only, seeing his dramatic pose

Falling Mirror - at the Baxter Theatre, December 2013

Web 1500_IM8_0937 Nielen arms outstretched 2013 red.jpg

Bit of a longish story. I know that selective colour is regarded as pretty naff. But here goes ...
Anyway - rather sad circumstances brought me to seek out these images from 2013, due to one of the band member's recent death and request by the family for images.
Stage lighting is generally awful and a challenge to work with and initially I made this entire image B&W, which looks quite okay.
But due to the very redness of this shirt, I thought I'd do a selective red only, seeing his dramatic pose

Falling Mirror - at the Baxter Theatre, December 2013

View attachment 301271
Nice image, Irene — bollocks to those close minded folks who would dismiss the use of any technique with the potential to make an image stronger. Sad to learn of Mr. Humphrey's passing. :cry:

- K

Back