Fuji One New Year's resolution sorely tested...

No...I remember that silliness, that definitely wasn't Amin. I'm pretty sure I know who that was though. If you think on that a second it'll come to you.

You mean that fellow on MU43 from Australia? How can I forget him!! If there is a definition of a fanboy ... oh boy ... LOL!

Congratulations Amin. I think the whole point of New Years resolutions is to remind us of our flawed humanity when we ultimately break them. So a vow not to buy any new cameras is just a way to guarantee that we do!!

Enjoy the camera - you definitely need to add a prime or two, no matter how good the zoom is! I'm not sure exactly where I am with my Fuji in terms of lenses or even whether to keep the X-Pro and just get the X100s. But I know for damn sure that I'll have some of that Fuji goodness in SOME camera or combination of them for the foreseeable future...

-Ray

Zeiss awaits you.

Of all my cameras, the one which is in danger of facing the chopping block is the D600. It's highly capable, but it ties up a bunch of money and is unlikely to see a whole lot of use. A couple of my MFT lenses are also likely to go soon. My next lens will probably be either a Sony 35/1.8 or Fuji 35/1.4. Leaning towards the Fuji right now.

Zeiss awaits you.

Or the Zeiss :p.

Amin... The Fuji doesn't have WR, does it? If not, I suppose you won't take it out into the blizzard your area may get this weekend. Perhaps we can expect some immediate post-blizzard scenes taken with it - maybe Sunday?

Meanwhile, is the NEX getting much use these days? I suddenly don't feel so bad - I only have one more camera than you: Pentax K-5 and K-01, Panasonic G5 and GX1, Olympus E-PM2 and Pentax Q. Of course, if I add a Fuji or two, I may have some thinking to do. :rolleyes:

Steve, I don't think the Fuji is weather sealed. I usually don't trust weather sealing anyway. Hopefully I'll get an hour or two to spare this weekend for photography.

I haven't done much with NEX recently at all. My dad borrowed my C3 and ultimately kept it. I'm only getting the 5N now (through a trade), so there was a long gap where I didn't have an NEX camera.

Steve, I don't think the Fuji is weather sealed. I usually don't trust weather sealing anyway. Hopefully I'll get an hour or two to spare this weekend for photography.

I haven't done much with NEX recently at all. My dad borrowed my C3 and ultimately kept it. I'm only getting the 5N now (through a trade), so there was a long gap where I didn't have an NEX camera.

I did that same jump C3 to 5n. I found the 5n to be a much different camera. It feels very much like a film camera in that it it very quick when you press the shutter (we're talking legacy glass here), the 10fps is nice and the overall feel in the hand is nice. I like the C3 but I love my 5n.

I was in a similar dilemma as you but finally managed to save some money & got myself a second hand X10 at a good price to play around with. Its a great camera for my budget and I'm really happy with it.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Back