Micro 4/3 OneDay On Earth project with GH1+C-mount lens

Seb Farges

Hello ! Thanks for watching !

[video=vimeo;15788913]

Video created for the project One Day On Earth the 10/10/10
onedayonearth.org
I did the shooting in Bordeaux, France, sunday the 10th of October. This is the end of the week end and I'm bringing back my daughter to her mother.

Panasonic GH1 hacked firmware
720 mode exported 24P
Edited and color correction on Adobe Premiere
Titles on After Effects
Duration : 3mn09sec
Music (or rather "sound effects":) : me, myself and I

Seb, I don't know how you found your way here but I am very glad you did because your video is wonderful and this is besides the fact that your daughter is darling! I don't know anything about making videos, let alone making them with a GH1 but your combination is winning.

Is it the lens that gives the images their special quality? When I started watching I didn't realize what sort of lens you were using and I kept feeling as though I were watching a Leica-like movie..then I saw the lens you used. I won't name it here.;) The quality is lovely and I think your daughter is a natural for film. You captured her innocence and joy, as well as the moment to moment trip you took with her to deliver her back to her mother. I found your film intriguing and touching. You have a wonderful way of being part of the film yet not "in" it...though, of course, you were. Those are my first impressions, off the cuff, having just watched it.

I'd never have guessed that a "still camera" like the GH1 could do this! Wow!

I'm guessing that your film is part of this project? One Day on Earth

And by the way, welcome to Serious Compacts.:D

Back