Fuji Only 2 Lenses to choose

My two lenses were determined by the X-Pro 1 deal that B&H has been offering - $950 for that body and the 27 and 35. So that's what I have now, and I'm not familiar enough with the other choices to have a strong opinion, except that I'd like to get the 18-55. It's reasonably fast for a normal range zoom, and 27 to 80 or so is where I do 95% of my shooting. Right now, if I had to choose only two, it would probably be the 35mm (which is sooooo... lovely!) and the 18-55 for some versatility and range. I've read very good things about the latter.

The 18-55 isn't sexy -- it doesn't have a massive aperture, it doesn't go to extreme angles, it's not even expensive -- but it constantly delivers great images. It takes a massive dose of whimsy on part to NOT bring it somewhere as my primary lens.

Having shot the living daylights out of the 55-200 now, this makes the 18-55 and the long lens cover 90% of my XF shooting needs. I've got a Zeiss Touit 32/1.8 for those low light moments.

I currently trying to decide what my second lens will be for my X-Pro2. Currently have the 23f1.4. I was thinking I'd like the 16-55 and 50-140 combo as I like the constant 2.8 aperture and shooting in all kinds of weather but the images from the 18-135 rather good and the versatility of the lens would be amazing. The two lenses would make for a great travel kit. Tough call. The 18-135 is also considerable cheaper than the other two.

The 18-135 is a superb all around travel lens. It covers all the key focal lengths and is weather-resistant to boot. It's also considerably lighter than the 16-55 & 50-140 pair. These days I equate weight carried to distance not travelled and things not seen; ie every extra kilo carried is at least a mile off my endurance. It is easy to handhold to low shutter speeds too, due to the OIS. Unless you want a fast aperture for image isolation purposes the 18-135 is a solid bet.

I don't own the 18-135, and I feel bad about that. It would make a ton of sense. Having used the XC 50-230 a lot, though, I think I agree with Luke, that the 18-135 would be a great second lens with the 23 f2. I say that because I've been able to get what I want with a lens that bottoms out at 5.6 to 6.7, depending on zoom, and in decent light it's not a problem. I feel like you could get a LOT done with those 2 lenses.

I've owned the 18-135 two different times. It is the perfect all purpose travel lens. As for the two lens kit. I have transitioned to the 35 f2/90 f2 pair.

If I had to choose two lenses to use with my XP2 for the subject matter you mention then they would be the 18mm and the 56mm both work for all subject matter listed and really compliment the XP2.

It's actually tough to come up with a "perfect" second lens given that you have the 23 f2 already. It splits the difference between Short and Medium, and it's pretty fast already. Not likely that you'd opt for a shorter second lens, so the zooms make a ton of sense. But if it were to be a prime, then you don't get a substantial focal length difference until the 56, really.

the 56 would be a good choice. It's the one that keeps calling to me, but I feel like it's too close to the 35 that I have......and maybe for me, I should skip that and go for the 90mm. Spoiled for choices

I'm a happy bunny these days with my "holy trinity" at long last. X-Pro2, with 23mm f2, 35mm f2 and 60mm f2.4. It's the perfect capable, lightweight, weather-resistant travel kit and meets 80% of my needs, as my Leica M7 .85 and 35/50/90mm lenses used to, a lustrum ago.

Longer? 50-230 or 100-400 (I'm setting my 90 free). Wider? 14mm Faster? 35 f1.4 or 56 f1.2. Closer? 50mm Zeiss Touit. Lighter? 27mm. All in one and weather-resistant? 18-135.

Happy days.

the 56 would be a good choice. It's the one that keeps calling to me, but I feel like it's too close to the 35 that I have......and maybe for me, I should skip that and go for the 90mm. Spoiled for choices

I've been finding the 35mm/90mm to be a great two lens pairing. 90% of my shooting is portraits/headsots, events, candids, and family stuff. So your mileage may vary depending on what all you shoot. Like Bill, I've found myself returning to my roots. When I shot film, it was Canon bodies with a 50 and 135. When I started digital, it was with a Canon crop sensor which is a 1.6x crop. With a Sigma 30mm 1.4 and Canon 85mm 1.8. Now on the Pro2 with the 35/90 pair, with the 1.5 crop everything comes out to be the same.

Another useful tool available to LR users is that you can sort all photos which have ever been through your LR catalog by meta data. Then break it down by focal length.

Back