Fuji Ooh, now here's a question....

teefin1

Regular
Fuji x100s with 50mm adapter or xe2 with 35mm?

Now I'm just curious. I have kinda already made my mind up, but until today I did not know the 50mm afapter for the x100 series even existed.

What are your thoughts?

Actually Bill, it's your recent post that made me think. I borrowed my mum's X100s for a couple weeks last summer, needing a wider angle for a wedding I was shooting (first ever). I took it on holiday, then shot the wedding and absolutely HATED it!

But....looking back at the files (RAW) they really were very good.

My problem? I did not trust the camera. In reality, it performed admirably, but I did not like it. Yet, the XPRO and 35mm - like Christilou - takes a top spot for me over most other cameras.

Is it weird that two cameras of the same ilk would produce such varied response.....

It seems not

I thought of that too, but I had the X100 and the X100s and although they were pretty boys I didn't really gel with them and I don't know why. I bought a used XE2 in the Summer and saw the dreaded smearing in the foliage and it put me off it straight away so I'm considering going back to the XE1 and 35mm. Same sensor as the X Pro 1 I think .....

I thought of that too, but I had the X100 and the X100s and although they were pretty boys I didn't really gel with them and I don't know why. I bought a used XE2 in the Summer and saw the dreaded smearing in the foliage and it put me off it straight away so I'm considering going back to the XE1 and 35mm. Same sensor as the X Pro 1 I think .....

Yep, I experienced the same ( and bought your X100). The XPro 1 was 'the' camera of all the X series for me.. But, that sensor is not going to see light of day again (i read that the smearing is here to stay) so I reckon its a case of getting to grips with it or finding another platform. Yet, i still hanker after the X system. Sigh.....

Unless you need a 50mm equivalent with the advantages of the leaf shutter or OVF the X100 series offers, I don't think it should even be a consideration. An X-mount camera with the 35mm is going to be sharper at any aperture, give you 1 stop more low light and shallow DOF advantage and be nearly the same size. It will also probably focus at the same speed.

Yep, I experienced the same ( and bought your X100). The XPro 1 was 'the' camera of all the X series for me.. But, that sensor is not going to see light of day again (i read that the smearing is here to stay) so I reckon its a case of getting to grips with it or finding another platform. Yet, i still hanker after the X system. Sigh.....

Okay, silly question but why not just get another XPro 1? Really nice ones can be found found pretty cheap these days. Is it a matter of needing better AF performance?

I finally made up my mind, going back to the XE1 with the 18-55 kit lens and 35mm 1.4. I much preferred it over the X Pro 1 for usability. It comes with an offer for a free tele lens that I doubt I will use so may be able to get a few pounds back on resale.

I finally made up my mind, going back to the XE1 with the 18-55 kit lens and 35mm 1.4. I much preferred it over the X Pro 1 for usability. It comes with an offer for a free tele lens that I doubt I will use so may be able to get a few pounds back on resale.

That seems like a very capable kit. I really enjoyed the X-E1 apart from not being able to get along with the OLED EVF (it made my eyes water and gave me a headache). While certainly not a meaningful feature, the shutter sound of the X-E1 is my favorite out of any digital camera I've ever used.

Back