Oops I did it again...

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
I've changed my line-up completely. Did it back in 2007 with Nikon to Olympus, then to Pentax, then to...oh who am I kidding I can't list it all - it's boring for you and embarrassing for me. Suffice it to say, I've switched it all again and fare thee well micro four thirds!

New line-up is essentially a Leica M2 with 35 & 50mm lenses and Fuji X10 playing digital back-up.

Non-essentially, there's still all manner of other full frame (a.k.a. film) cameras including Fuji Klasse S, Canon Canonet QL17L and Olympus XA.

So a new leaf is turned my friends. Now let the adventure begin....

M2, great camera. Did you get a scanner? Will you develop yourself or send it out?
I'm interested in seeing what your doing.
My buddy just got a like new Nikon 9000 for 3 grand.
I'll have some time on it to scan my history.
Don

Mark,

I also just sold my m4/3 kit. I must say that packing up the G3 and 25mm and shipping it off was particularly painful. But, time to move ahead.

What lenses did you end up getting for your M2?

Cheers,

Antonio

I'm selling my EP-3 setup at the moment and have moved back to the new D3200 and a super zoom. Oh and the G1x which will also be for sale soon for a bargain price. I think we all go through changes and it's not embarrassing just fun!!! Would love to see what you do with the Leica :)

It seems that changing up cameras is a way of refueling. I noticed myself after shooting with my dslr, my only camera after years of using disposables, I got a little burnt out and a film camera gave me a boost. Not citing the film vs. digital concept but just using something new even if it is old. Good for you for the changes.. hope you feel refreshed again.

Thanks all.

@Don: Sticking with B+W (mainly TMY (TMax 400)) and souping my own negatives in Xtol 1:1. Also stumbled on a cheap Epson (4800dpi max) scanner - not the best but does a reasonable job. Have a friend at work with the Imacon if I score a frame of gold. Have some of my first deving attempts up on my Flicker - as shot with the Canonet and Klasse. The M2 gets a work-out this weekend.

@Antonio: I hear you my friend. Letting go of the PL25 was agony for me! But it has dissipated somewhat with the arrival of the M2 and the CV35/2.5 Also bought the current Zeiss 50/2 (nice bargain on a used model). I must say it is a beautiful thing and I can't wait to see what it can do. Love what I've seen of it from others on Flicker et. al. Problem being that I can see the little Voigtlander 35mm sticking around for as long as it takes me to find a brother Zeiss 35/2 or f2.8 :blush:

@Luke: Permission granted, now time and motivation required. Have all the kit, just need to make the frame and black-out for in the studio.

@Kerri: The EP3 is as hard to part.....I know! Thank you and I hope to share some shots soon. I have some ideas I intend to contribute to Luke's Prompts Challenge that I'd like to see come off the film rather than an SD card.

@Bob:Much appreciated mate. Look forward to your honest critique.

@Kristen: Well I'm certainly refuelled. It's not only the feeling of being re-inspired, but also the little shift when thinking a little harder about exposure - which you have to do with the meter-less and unautomated M2 - as well as looking at the world a little differently focusing on the tones and textures that translate so well in B+W

Jeez I love this place!

Thanks all.

@Don: Sticking with B+W (mainly TMY (TMax 400)) and souping my own negatives in Xtol 1:1. Also stumbled on a cheap Epson (4800dpi max) scanner - not the best but does a reasonable job. Have a friend at work with the Imacon if I score a frame of gold. Have some of my first deving attempts up on my Flicker - as shot with the Canonet and Klasse. The M2 gets a work-out this weekend.

@Antonio: I hear you my friend. Letting go of the PL25 was agony for me! But it has dissipated somewhat with the arrival of the M2 and the CV35/2.5 Also bought the current Zeiss 50/2 (nice bargain on a used model). I must say it is a beautiful thing and I can't wait to see what it can do. Love what I've seen of it from others on Flicker et. al. Problem being that I can see the little Voigtlander 35mm sticking around for as long as it takes me to find a brother Zeiss 35/2 or f2.8 :blush:

@Luke: Permission granted, now time and motivation required. Have all the kit, just need to make the frame and black-out for in the studio.

@Kerri: The EP3 is as hard to part.....I know! Thank you and I hope to share some shots soon. I have some ideas I intend to contribute to Luke's Prompts Challenge that I'd like to see come off the film rather than an SD card.

@Bob:Much appreciated mate. Look forward to your honest critique.

@Kristen: Well I'm certainly refuelled. It's not only the feeling of being re-inspired, but also the little shift when thinking a little harder about exposure - which you have to do with the meter-less and unautomated M2 - as well as looking at the world a little differently focusing on the tones and textures that translate so well in B+W

Jeez I love this place!

Back