Fuji OP/Tech Soft Pouch for X100/S/T

ChangshaNotes

Regular
Name
Colin
I’ve been looking for a simple and light, easy access bag/pouch to carry my X100 (now upgraded to X100T) in non-camera bags. I have several (all right, more than several) camera bags and inserts that I use with my other gear, but for the X100 I wanted something for only the camera.

I found the OP/TECH Soft Pouch and decided to give it a shot.

i-Htp2RjZ-1200x1200.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It’s a neoprene cover that stretches around the camera and fastens with snaps. It allows for the camera strap to still be used so it can be carried around your neck or shoulder protecting the camera from dust or bumps or put in a bag or pocket.

i-dJHHBBV-1200x1200.jpg

The pouch is light and can be stuffed in a pocket when not in use but it also comes with a little clip that can attach to the camera strap when off. I’ve used it like this and while it dangles down, the pouch is so light that it’s not noticeable.

]
i-cwjxTSm-1200x1200.jpg

The neoprene is stretchy so the pouch fits the X100/S/T with or without a lens hood. It’s not the prettiest thing around but function wise it’s really good.

i-bDZgSCH-1200x1200.jpg

Thanks, Colin. I was just looking at this case last night as a possible solution for my X100T, at least until I decide about a leather case and even for certain situations afterward. There's almost no risk given the low price. Do you have the Manual or Auto version of this bag?

Is there any particular model of Soft Pouch? There seems to be a few different sizes and, at least on the UK Amazon store the models they for are not listed. I think I would prefer this to the leather case when carrying the camera day to day.

Hey guys. I bought the Manual size. If you look at the link, near the top-right it says: For Fuji Film X100T - Manual size.

There's a product picker on the site that you can use if you have a different model or make of camera.

When I first received it, I thought it would be too small but it was perfect. I just added a grip and it still fits no problem.

I think it would fit with a leather half-case on the camera as well without issue. I like this as the X100Tis a very nice looking piece of gear and with a leather half-case it looks like something very good for stealing but this case makes it look like a small point and shoot around my neck and feels safer in dodgy areas.

It may well be. I live in China and the naming is all different here, so I'm not 100% sure from the name, but it's the smaller of the pouches. Some of the pouches have a bigger spot for a lens to protrude but this one doesn't (still fits well with the lens hood).

I wish manufactures would be constant around the world with their naming. Who really care what the name is?

Had a look on the original posters links and the "manual" is sized at
Manual: 5.75" x 3" x 2"
This is the size of the UK Amazon link item. Might be wrong of course as the UK site also lists the packed weight as 92 kg. might have to order and see what turns up.

I'm the OP. I picked up the pouch here in China. I posted the link to OP/TECH's site and used the 'product picker' to show what size but I can't be sure of the name as I did everything here online. They called it a D-Compact.

Here's an example of a listing, although I picked it up cheaper than this.
Taobao

Back