Fuji Optical viewfinder blackout screen problems

macjim

Regular
I've notice every so often when I go to take a portrait photograph, when I turn the camera and bring it up to my eye the black out screen which slides over when you use the EVF is half extended when I use the optical viewfinder. It's annoying but easily corrected by switching to EVF and then back, but it shouldn't happen in the first place. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It's never happened to me that I can recall... sounds like it's not operating properly and it's sticking or something.

Haven't had a reply from Fuji which is surprising, so I took it into my supplier and its being return for repair, although I've said I'd prefer it replaced rather than repaired. See what they say.

Fuji finally replied but I'd already taken the camera in to the supplier and had the camera returned for repair. Fuji said if I sent them my address they'd send me a return box to have a repair made. Well, got a call from the camera shop yesterday and they said my X100s has returned from Fuji and is ready for me to collect. Don't know know what they have done but I'll find out next week when I go in to collect.

Just got the camera back from Calumet, Glasgow. It was a repair rather than a replacement camera so here's hoping it is now in full working condition. No report supplied so I'm unsure what exactly has been done or what the verdict was regarding this fault but as long as its now working perfectly then ok. I've not yet had a chance to test it out though.

Well, I haven't had an opportunity to use the X100s until today when I went to Edinburgh to do a bit of street photography during the festival. Sadly, the fault is still there and even worse than before so it's going back with a request for a replacement camera rather than a second repair. Keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

My X100 did this about 3 times in peru last September, so almost a year ago. I turned the camera upside down, turned the OVF on then the EVF again, and it came all the way up. I got spooked, posted on Seriouscompacts about it, everyone said "send it in while it's under warranty!"

And I should've I guess. But honestly I couldn't stand the thought of being without it. So i kept "waiting to see if it will do it again."

It never did. Has over 20k shots on it now.

(shrug)

I shouldn't be so damned lazy.

Well, got an email from the camera shop. It wasn't the response I was expecting and the camera salesman said the same, my camera has been repair and not replaced. The only conciliation is this repair was taken in hand by the the head repairman and he has identified the fault so maybe it will be ok now. Still think a camera that cost £1,000+ should have been replaced though. Will see how it is when I get it back, and find time to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

I notice the retailers only exchange items in the first two weeks. After that the only option is repair. It might be different in other countries though.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using FujiXspot mobile app

I notice the retailers only exchange items in the first two weeks. After that the only option is repair. It might be different in other countries though.

Yes, it seems that way here too but, if its still not right it'll get returned under the sale of goods act as unfit for purpose. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot mobile app

Got the camera back from the camera shop and fuji, tested it: the saga continues and a return to the camera shop is in the offing. I'll explain more soon.

I just got told that a new camera awaits me at my supplier, so I'm off into town tomorrow to get it. Great news.

I just got told that a new camera awaits me at my supplier, so I'm off into town tomorrow to get it. Great news.

Woohoo that's great!! Awesome Fuji!:D

Back