Fuji Ordered th 16-55

My 16 is unmatched. For some reason i have been reducing my FOV on landscapes and it's working, but i started sweating when I thought about losing my 16. I'm going to rent the 50-140 in March for my grandsons Karate finals. After that i will see what i want to do. In the meantime I have my portrait studio set up so the 56 i will buy.

I hadn't heard about this. Seems to occupy similar space as the 18-135, no? I love the extra 2mm at the wide end, and a constant f4, but my use case would be similar for each: "Sunny, action, varied distances."

It was announced awhile ago by Fuji, and expected to be released later this year (but when??). For me, mostly landscapes. The longer reach and 2mm wider would be excellent, compared with the 18-55.

Hopefully it will not be a huge brick like the 16-55, but from the rumored specs, it should be somewhat less bulky and not as heavy.

Well, as I mentioned in another string, I just pulled the trigger on a used 16-55 in 9+ condition from B&H. But the OIS factor is moot for me because I also bought a new X-H1 (with IBIS) on sale. That's the camera I will be using this glass on, along with the 35mm f/1.4. The 23mm f/1.4 and possibly the 56mm may come later. The jury is still out on the 50-140.

Well, as I mentioned in another string, I just pulled the trigger on a used 16-55 in 9+ condition from B&H. But the OIS factor is moot for me because I also bought a new X-H1 (with IBIS) on sale. That's the camera I will be using this glass on, along with the 35mm f/1.4. The 23mm f/1.4 and possibly the 56mm may come later. The jury is still out on the 50-140.
IIRC, there has a been a firmware update for the XH1 so that you can use the OIS and IBIS together. The lens, i believe, takes care of pitch and yaw and the body the other three axes.

Back