Leica Out Crosby Farm Road

carlb

All-Pro
Saint Paul, Minnesota has a number of lovely views. Today I took the X Vario along the old Crosby Farm Road. It starts up on a bluff, then makes it's way down to Upper Lake. The first two are at the top of the road, the last down Crosby Farm Trail, which heads off from where the road ends.

12577143374_a90c1951b0_b.jpg

Eastmost Fort Snelling by cbmn, on Flickr

12581097164_ee1098ecfc_c.jpg

Pike Island overlook by cbmn, on Flickr

12576673323_304152b4c2_b.jpg

upper lake by cbmn, on Flickr

Leica X Vario, Marumi polarizing filter. In-camera b/w, color from raw with Tiffen Dfx.

Comments, suggestions welcome.

Seems like the third could use a bit of brightening, the first a bit more contrast. Makes a difference from my editor and flickr (black backgrounds) to here (white background) ... The second I like for its quiet pristine feel. Although if you look close, there's a few bits of interest hidden in the details.

Shooting scenery (a favorite relaxing pastime) - it's often tough finding the really interesting things to stand in front-of. :)

First shot must have been very overcast? Otherwise the polarizer should have darkened the sky more. What "filter" are you simulating for the conversion? I end up with deep yellow, orange, and red when playing with Silver Efex 2.

It was starting to go overcast. After that first color shot, there just wasn't much for the polarizer to work with.

The black and whites were from the camera - shot b/w jpeg (camera set to push contrast and sharpness both one "notch" higher than middle). I may have to go back to the raw to see if anything better can be done.

The one of the lake seems as if the composition could come out a bit more with the right post ... The one of the fort, may just be marginal at best, heh.

Back