Leica Outside Joe Patti's Seafood Store (Pensacola)

Raid

All-Pro
Nov21---15s.jpg
Nov21---38s.jpg
Nov21---39s.jpg
Nov21(2)---5s.jpg
Nov21(2)---10s.jpg

I was yesterday at Joe Patti's Seafood Store with my E-P2 and E-PL1 cameras, using my old Zeiss lenses. Here, I used the recently repaired Zeiss Planar 85mm/1.4. For some reasons, I keep on returning to these old lenses. I don't need any sharper lenses or somehow better lenses. My M 4/3 adapters are cheap, and I could benefit from better ones.

There's something nice and reassuring about old things, including lenses. Doesn't Joe Patti's have stone crabs? I think I'd have to pop inside after my evening photo session and scarf down a few.

Brusby, a bit off topic but hey some folks don't eat seafood for one reason or another. But how about those shots. Me I don't use the modern cameras but love the classic glass. Seeing the waterfront takes me back to New Orleans. River, lake or swamp. Miss it all---all the time.

Robin, I like the golden glow and languid feel of Raid's shots. Pensacola is a few hours from New Orleans but the rozos and the general feeling of the scenes are very similar to what we have in some areas around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to drive from Pensacola to New Orleans, about once a month. I eventually published an article on night photography in the French Quarter in SHUTTERBUG.

Back