Overcast Day

merlin

All-Pro
Name
Merlin Emrys
First time to hike Trail 401 in its entirety since December 6 of last year. The day was mostly overcast with a chilly wind, but the trees, rocks, and vistas were uplifting and inspiring.

The X-T2, 18-55mm lens, and I managed to avoid lasting damage despite dents and bruises caused by a nasty tumble near the beginning of the hike. But as always the stillness and solitude enhanced connections with Nature, Earth, and Spirit.

XT2F1320_lzn.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

XT2F1326_lzn.jpg

XT2F1331_lzn.jpg

XT2F1335_lzn.jpg

XT2F1336_lzn.jpg

XT2F1341_lzn.jpg

XT2F1344_lzn.jpg

XT2F1346_lzn.jpg

XT2F1347_lzn.jpg

XT2F1351_lzn.jpg

XT2F1356_lzn.jpg

XT2F1361_lzn.jpg

XT2F1362_lzn.jpg

XT2F1365_lzn.jpg

XT2F1368_lzn.jpg

XT2F1371_lzn.jpg

XT2F1374_lzn.jpg

XT2F1377_lzn.jpg

Be careful out there; the wilderness can be unforgiving. A hiker recently perished around a line of cliffs used by local rock climbers. I've had a few scares that reminded me things can happen fast in the woods.

Be careful out there; the wilderness can be unforgiving. A hiker recently perished around a line of cliffs used by local rock climbers. I've had a few scares that reminded me things can happen fast in the woods.

I am always careful, but sometimes it is not enough. Fortunately no serious injuries to me or camera gear.

Thanks, Mike. I recall when I was taking a PJ course at a local college, and the professor invited one of his former students, who now worked for a newspaper, to speak to the class.

He had a top-notch Nikon, and it was almost beaten to a pulp with dings, dents, scratches, and bare metal. But it still worked fine, and in response to a question about why it was that way, he replied something along the lines of, I am a photojournalist, and I do whatever it takes to get the shot! Even if it means scaling cliffs, banging into rocks, cars, and people, whatever. He was very proud of the battle scars.

So I don't fret about the tumbles, dings, bruises, lacerations, and so on, and I have my own battle scars!

Back