Overexposed - The Queen's Wayfarers #1 - now published!

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer

Ok, after nine months of writing and an awful lot of researching, I have just published my first novel. It's an action adventure - a thriller set in Europe against the backdrop of Brexit and shifting political certainties. Our hero, Guy Miller, is a man of middle years who makes a living running photo courses. He uses a Fuji X-Pro2 (this has relevance to the plot). He finds himself recruited into a beyond top-secret organisation that has existed for the past 450 years solely to carry Britain's most important messages (and secrets) around the world. He now has to carry a dispatch across the Iberian Peninsula from Lisbon to Seville then back to England - and there's a French spy trying to stop him...

There's sex, violence, high octane car chases and military operations, as well as a race against time to find a mole at the very heart of the Queen's Wayfarers who could bring them to their knees - oh and there are some useful photo tips too.

Now out on Kindle for immediate download, and in paperback. Hope you enjoy it!

Amazon UK
Amazon US
Amazon AU

Any chance of getting this in EPUB one day? I only do ebooks these days, and keep them in that format, so I have one big catalogue. Kindle just never did it for me.

There are ways and means of converting from Kindle to epub. I'm also a 99% epub reader, and use Calibre to store, manage, and convert my acquisitions. If Bill's book doesnt have DRM, Calibre would do the job. I'm betting it does, though.

No EPUB, I'm afraid, and DRM is in force.

The Kindle publishing platform is by far the easiest to manage from an author viewpoint so that's why I use it.

Luke, if you have an Amazon Echo or Dot, or the Reverb app it will read your Kindle books to you - the command is simply "Alexa, read Overexposed". It's not Sir Michael Caine, but I only told it to read the bloody book... ;)

No EPUB, I'm afraid, and DRM is in force.

The Kindle publishing platform is by far the easiest to manage from an author viewpoint so that's why I use it.

Luke, if you have an Amazon Echo or Dot, or the Reverb app it will read your Kindle books to you - the command is simply "Alexa, read Overexposed". It's not Sir Michael Caine, but I only told it to read the bloody book... ;)

I was mainly joking (though I do detest reading). I'll probably buy a physical copy for my Dad. He may not get past the first few pages as he's not really forming new memories and can't recall what he read yesterday.....but it's probably it's so good, it won't matter ;)

There are ways and means of converting from Kindle to epub. I'm also a 99% epub reader, and use Calibre to store, manage, and convert my acquisitions. If Bill's book doesnt have DRM, Calibre would do the job. I'm betting it does, though.

I have used Calibre, and it works most of the time. I also found this: Convert Kindle Books to EPUB for Best Reading on iPad,Nook.. I have never tried it, but it claims to deal with DRM, which apparently is a problem in doing the kindle to epub conversion. Perhaps this would help if Calibre runs into problems.

If you have an Android device, there is a kindle app for that or you can download the kindle app for your laptop . . . that's how I am reading Bill's book.

Cheers, Jock

Well, that's an interesting question... Here's my own current "casting":

Richard Armitage - Guy Miller
Emily Watson - Jane Miller
Gary Oldman - Roger Bowman
Jean Reno - Leon Camus
Jack Davenport - Andre Lucas
Emily Blunt - Beth Shepherd
Tom Hardy - Duncan Hood

I'd be very interested in the views of others as they read the book!!

I can't help but notice that this is titled "Book 1" -- Before I pick up a copy, is there a Book 2? 🤔

Book 2 is on the way... It's half written. It will be longer, and more complex than book 1.

Pressure of work is stopping me from working on it - I have found that you need to write regularly or you spend as much time reminding yourself of what you have written as you do adding to it.

I do need to crack on, though. If The Queen dies or Vladimir Putin gets overthrown I'm into major rewrites!

Book 1 is self contained, by the way - it doesn't end in a cliff-hanger!

Back