Micro 4/3 Showcase Panasonic LX100 I/II picture thread

Fooling around in low light with the LX100

I put the LX100 in iA mode. It decided it was a handheld night shot, banged off six exposures like a machine gun melded them together:

LX100_low_light_011_Medium_.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A typical Elliott "target of opportunity" -- sunrise behind my neighbor's house:

LX100_low_light_007_Medium_.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers, Jock

This camera didn't meet my needs for a couple of key reasons, but I really wish it had - I'm really liking the look of the images coming out of it both in this thread and elsewhere. A certain depth to 'em that the smaller sensor G7X and RX100 don't have. Maybe it's just down to DOF, but I think it's also something about fewer pixels in a larger sensor and a good solid lens, even with heavy digital correction, that works for me too....

-Ray

very nice amin. is that some kind of 'macro' mode or just normal shooting?

It's normal shooting, but there is a switch on the side of the lens to allow closeup range - choices are MF, AF with close focus excluded (faster AF when not shooting closeup), and AF with close focus included.

Looks like a DT770 Pro on the young'uns head. I was told the LX100 and Leica D-Lux would be released about the same time, so I ordered the D-Lux - hope I get it this year (sigh).

Back