Micro 4/3 Showcase Panasonic LX100 I/II picture thread

We took our grandchildren to Butterflies in Flight at the Canadian Nature Museum. Most of my pictures are of butterflies on the kids, much to their collective delight. Here is a sample of these delicately beautiful insects.
39571826084_c95ae58447_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1100734 by kleles, on Flickr

40238166012_4b9a11b1d7_o.jpg
P1100731 by kleles, on Flickr

38473257790_bdaeac8e44_o.jpg
P1100694 by kleles, on Flickr

Hi All,
First post on this forum, but a long time member on the MU43 Forum (ran across this forum by accident).
Here's a few images from my LX100 that normally does sidekick duty with one of my Olympus Cameras when shooting long lenses.
I really like this little guy and the images surprise me on almost every occasion I take it out for a spin.

3b_P1040047.jpg

P1000860.jpg

This bee taken with electronic shutter 1/12,800 sec.
P1000869.jpg

P1010268-3.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome indeed.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I thought I'd let you know a little about myself and what I like to shoot. I'm retired after being self employed with my wife and Photo shooting partner for the last 30+ years.
We were both Canon DSLR shooters for many years and gave it up for M4/3 gear after finding that we actually got better images with the more compact and lighter kits. We both started with Panasonic GX7 kits and after some time gravitated over the Olympus side of the house. We shoot primarily wildlife and both use an Olympus E-M1 II and PanLeica 100-400, backed up by an E-M5 II (hers) and a Pen F (mine).

We have always kept around some sort of small compact or bridge camera and when looking for something to complement our Olympus kits we found the LX100 (we both have one). It was our experience with the PL100-400 that caused us to latch onto the LX100 with the PL 24-75 lens.........and it is a super lens, IMO. One thing that surprised both of us is how capable the LX 100 is, particularly for night shots. When we can't seem to get the exposure correct with our larger gear, we just pull out the LX100, put it on Program Mode and let it do its thing......no problem.

Here's a couple from a Chinese Lantern festival last year..........nothing exotic, just shot on Program Mode.

P1020922.jpg

P1030027.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work, Gary, and nice gear you have. I used to shoot MFT, but eventually found my way to Fuji. Both are very good systems, and the bodies are pretty comparable in size. I think it comes down to which UI a person prefers.

Very nice work, Gary, and nice gear you have. I used to shoot MFT, but eventually found my way to Fuji. Both are very good systems, and the bodies are pretty comparable in size. I think it comes down to which UI a person prefers.
Thanks Tony
I've had lust after some of the Fuji gear. Particularly after using the controls on the LX100 which are similar to the Fuji, I think.
But, so far, budget has restrained me from taking off on another tangent.

Thanks Tony
I've had lust after some of the Fuji gear. Particularly after using the controls on the LX100 which are similar to the Fuji, I think.
But, so far, budget has restrained me from taking off on another tangent.
A wise approach, in my opinion. I have not been so wise in my camera purchases. My current gear works great, but so did my Olympus gear.

A few variations on a theme from an LX100-only outing with a few like-minded friends (only LX 100's allowed) using some in-camera filters and bit of LR.

You certainly manage to get your LX100 to 'sing'! For some inexplicable reason, mine doesn't seem to do quite as well. :confused-95:

It must be the sub-standard 'user' attachment ;), fitted to the viewfinder of my LX100.

You certainly manage to get your LX100 to 'sing'! For some inexplicable reason, mine doesn't seem to do quite as well. :confused-95:

It must be the sub-standard 'user' attachment ;), fitted to the viewfinder of my LX100.

I too am learning the ins and out of the LX100. Right now, I'm shooting jpegs + raws and using a lot of the in-camera filters. Then, I may take the filter generated jpegs into Lighroom and apply even more filters to get the desired effect. Or, I was interested to find that I chose a warm looking filter for the middle picture, but it washed out. However, for some reason the change in the white balance transferred to the raw file so I used it as a starting point. This little cam is amazing and I find, for me, it's better if I just get out of the way of the technology and have fun.

Before denigrating the ‘user’ attachment perhaps you could explore/experiment a little more. Have you tried the various settings in “Photo Style” (which can be selected only in “No Filter mode and not iA)? Have you played with the various Filters?

I found when I started using the camera I often activated iA unintentionally. iA puts the camera into strict snapshot mode, thereby limiting many other functions which enhance pictures. To correct this go to the wrench-C menu, go to p. 8/9, select iA, then select “Press and hold”. Then the iA button needs pressed for about 3 seconds to implement it or stop it.

Before denigrating the ‘user’ attachment perhaps you could explore/experiment a little more. Have you tried the various settings in “Photo Style” (which can be selected only in “No Filter mode and not iA)? Have you played with the various Filters?

I found when I started using the camera I often activated iA unintentionally. iA puts the camera into strict snapshot mode, thereby limiting many other functions which enhance pictures. To correct this go to the wrench-C menu, go to p. 8/9, select iA, then select “Press and hold”. Then the iA button needs pressed for about 3 seconds to implement it or stop it.

Good advice on the hold/delay for the iA button. I had forgotten about that little trick, saves a lot of headache. iA also activates face detect which can fool with the autofocus. I normally us "P" unless I'm feeling that I want to be more "professional" about the whole thing.

BTW, Great flower pics!

Back