Micro 4/3 Showcase Panasonic LX100 I/II picture thread

Pulled out the LX100 for the first time in ages. I really do still like it. Too much gear.
C5CCB96B-A5F7-41A2-9925-140CAB26F56F.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We recently returned from a trip to Croatia and Slovenia with brief visits to other countries. Lake Bled in Slovenia is a picture perfect setting, almost Disney-esque. Here is a picture of the castle with low lying clouds.
48778838896_9da77b3ed1_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bled Castle Night Clouds by kleles, on Flickr

Attachments

• Bled Castle Night Clouds.JPG
    Bled Castle Night Clouds.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 355
Goodbye LX100. I loved this camera for its controls, picture quality (jpegs) and versatility. It was dust on the sensor that did it in. I had contemplated getting the LX100M2 but when the dust levels in the LX100 became too much to clean-up or ignore I decided to go to an interchangeable lens system, eventually purchasing the Lumix GX9. I’m lovin’ it!

Last edited:
Goodbye LX100. I loved this camera for its controls, picture quality (jpegs) and versatility. It was dust on the sensor that did it in. I had contemplated getting the LX00M2 but when the dust levels in the LX100 became too much to clean-up or ignore I decided to go to an interchangeable lens system, eventually purchasing the Lumix GX9. I’m lovin’ it!
Did you try the bottle vacuum trick? I removed all the dust on my lx100 sensor.

Did you try the bottle vacuum trick? I removed all the dust on my lx100 sensor.
I bought my LX100 in 2015. I had diligently cleaned the lens barrel before closing the camera. Also, I reasoned that dust could enter the body when the lens was extended via a vacuum effect, so I carefully examined the lens barrel before turning on the camera. All of this worked well; for up to three years there was no discernible dust on the sensor. About three years ago I noticed a thread like sensor occlusion that I accidently dislodged when I dropped my camera while in its case. Of course, the dust was still in the camera body, but I couldn’t see it. Other specks appeared over time, and I tried several techniques, including vacuuming, shaking, blowing, and, dare I say, dropping. None of these worked well. I spent more time than I liked removing the dust shadows in post. Seven years was a good run. I’ll probably keep the camera to offer it to one of my grandchildren.

Nice shots. I enjoy the Leica version of the same camera and it is a serious contender. Mine is off for a sensor cleaning at the moment, but I am anxious to get it back. One of the best shooters I've ever had.

I bought my LX100 in 2015. I had diligently cleaned the lens barrel before closing the camera. Also, I reasoned that dust could enter the body when the lens was extended via a vacuum effect, so I carefully examined the lens barrel before turning on the camera. All of this worked well; for up to three years there was no discernible dust on the sensor. About three years ago I noticed a thread like sensor occlusion that I accidently dislodged when I dropped my camera while in its case. Of course, the dust was still in the camera body, but I couldn’t see it. Other specks appeared over time, and I tried several techniques, including vacuuming, shaking, blowing, and, dare I say, dropping. None of these worked well. I spent more time than I liked removing the dust shadows in post. Seven years was a good run. I’ll probably keep the camera to offer it to one of my grandchildren.
I'm having my Leica version cleaned for $150 + shipping + $185 by Leica repair in New Jersey. I assume there are places that can clean the Panasonic version. It's worth it for me, though it may not be for you. If I didn't clean it I'd look to get a D-lux 7, and I'd rather put the extra $$ in my broken Sony.

I'm having my Leica version cleaned for $150 + shipping + $185 by Leica repair in New Jersey. I assume there are places that can clean the Panasonic version. It's worth it for me, though it may not be for you. If I didn't clean it I'd look to get a D-lux 7, and I'd rather put the extra $$ in my broken Sony.
I’ve moved on (Lumix GX9). In addtion to the dust issue, the control for the focal length, at the base of the shutter relase, was not working reliably. It could have been electrical (but everything else worked well) or perhaps dust in the lens extension mechanism. As a bonus, the two batteries I had for the LX100 are the same as for the GX9.

Back