Micro 4/3 Panasonci LX100 picture thread

junyo

Rookie
Aug 8, 2011
NEPA
I'll play.

Bought the LX100 as a pocket camera over the Fuji X100T to get the zoom lens along with the leaf shutter. Other than the fixed LCD on the back I'm nothing other than happy with it.

Lately I'v been using it as a second camera to my XT1 for more formal shooting. After some processing in LR and Analog Efex 2:

D

dalethorn

I ended up with the Leica version of the LX100, which I understand is identical except for the colors. I just love it - putting all the functions on dials and buttons the way they did makes it extremely useful, and matching the sensor to the best quality pixels to fit that format really makes a difference.

D

dalethorn

Funny thing - the first rose looks artificial, with what looks like a fabric pattern in places, but in the second image they look real.

Darren Bonner

Regular
Nov 8, 2013
Poole, UK
Darren
Funny thing - the first rose looks artificial, with what looks like a fabric pattern in places, but in the second image they look real.
I saw these roses tied to separate fence posts and both were in small thin long pots, probably to hold water. While the bunch of roses were real, the fist one was artificial which I thought was a bit strange.

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY

The dawn patrol -- this is one of the times when the LX100 really shines for me.

Note: I was experimenting with shooting the sky at f/16 to see if that did anything beneficial. All it seemed to do was force the ISO higher and introduce more noise.

Cheer, Jock

Last edited:

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
The same two images, but processed through Perfect Effects 8 (The first two were bumped in contrast and saturation through DXO 9).

These two seem to be less noisy.

Cheers, Jock

Latest threads

Top Bottom