Panasonic Panasonic DMC-FZ1000/FZ2500

I've been giving this a lot of thought. After further evaluation, I've decided to keep the FZ2500. We already know in good light it's capable of very good imagery. In low light, it struggles, but I'm willing to work with it to get to the best solution. Does the camera have limitations? Absolutely. Birds jumping around in the shade of a tree might not be the best application for this camera. It also has functionality that is found in few other cameras. I think with time and practice I can learn the ins and outs of the camera to make it an effective EDC. Sorry for the drama. Stay tuned.

Back on track. Stalking birds in the yard as I practiced with different settings. Back Button AF with Shutter AF turned off worked well.

P1000478a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1000504a.jpg

P1000512a.jpg

P1000534a.jpg

P1000535a.jpg

P1000546a.jpg

P1000555a.jpg

P1000572a.jpg

One more set and I'm done for the day. Promise! I wanted to see how the lens handled the strong backlight of the low evening sun. When the sun's rays were directly a part of the scene, it washed out the colors and detail, as I'd expect, but I never saw any purple flare. When I focused in tighter to remove the sun, the image cleaned up nicely.

P1000646.JPG

P1000659.JPG

P1000663.JPG

P1000666.JPG

P1000669.JPG

One more set and I'm done for the day. Promise! I wanted to see how the lens handled the strong backlight of the low evening sun. When the sun's rays were directly a part of the scene, it washed out the colors and detail, as I'd expect, but I never saw any purple flare. When I focused in tighter to remove the sun, the image cleaned up nicely.

View attachment 184277
View attachment 184278
View attachment 184279
View attachment 184280
View attachment 184281

Yes! I like the "feel" of those photographs. Good atmosphere, or whatever you call it. (Why is it I get so inarticulate talking about photographs? Talk about cameras . . . no problem. Talk about images . . . yikes!)

Cheers, Jock

Those look a lot better Tony. Good to see you're making progress with it.
Thanks Tim. I've been studying the different settings, digging for clues, and practicing like mad.

Here are a couple from this evening as a Cardinal was scurrying across a branch right outside my window. Just a few minutes between these images, and the sun's position had changed noticeably:

P1000712.JPG

P1000721.JPG

Tony, those last 2 photos of the Cardinal cost me some money. I hope I get a few captures nearly that good.

Thanks Tim. I've been studying the different settings, digging for clues, and practicing like mad.

Here are a couple from this evening as a Cardinal was scurrying across a branch right outside my window. Just a few minutes between these images, and the sun's position had changed noticeably:

View attachment 184297
View attachment 184298

Back