Micro 4/3 Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 micro four thirds review

My friend just got back from Taiwan this morning carrying a new PL25/1.4 for me. It was a little overcast, so I went to an outdoor market after work. I took the new lens with me.

I usually don't shoot people (with a camera :rolleyes:)......but it seems that some are curious about using it for environmental portraits. No flash....in retrospect, I could have used a little fill. Exposure was a bit off....too early to tell for sure though......most all the shots are +2/3, wide open on a G3.

As always....comments appreciated.

p303372812-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p267437877-5.jpg

p789264556-5.jpg

p416867309-5.jpg

R

Rich-

I'm so jealous! The photos look great. Bokeh is nice and smooth. Please post the names and phone numbers of the ladies please. :rolleyes: LOL!

Still no signs of the PL25/1.4 anywhere here in continental US. Frustrating.

Edit: I just checked out your Zenfolio page Rich. Wow. Lots of nice photos!!! Well done!

Hi Rich,

For some reason, I'm blocked from seeing your photos. Logging into my own (empty) zenfolio account didn't help.

Any idea why?

-josé

My friend just got back from Taiwan this morning carrying a new PL25/1.4 for me. It was a little overcast, so I went to an outdoor market after work. I took the new lens with me.

I usually don't shoot people (with a camera :rolleyes:)......but it seems that some are curious about using it for environmental portraits. No flash....in retrospect, I could have used a little fill. Exposure was a bit off....too early to tell for sure though......most all the shots are +2/3, wide open on a G3.

As always....comments appreciated.

p303372812-5.jpg

p267437877-5.jpg

p789264556-5.jpg

p416867309-5.jpg

R

Rich-

I'm so jealous! The photos look great. Bokeh is nice and smooth. Please post the names and phone numbers of the ladies please. :rolleyes: LOL!

Still no signs of the PL25/1.4 anywhere here in continental US. Frustrating.

Edit: I just checked out your Zenfolio page Rich. Wow. Lots of nice photos!!! Well done!

Have you tried Houston Camera Exchange? I have been meaning to call but been very busy this semester.

Haven't tried Houston Camera Exchange as of lately. Last time there was about a month and a half ago, and they didn't have the EP3 at that time either. Bad thing about HCE is that their prices tend to be higher than most online retailers (not to mention sales tax). But I suppose on brand new stuff, the price should be all the same.

Rich ... you are killing me. The bokeh of the PL25 is nicer than the 20/1.7. Very nice transitions. Well done!

We now have the 25mm 1.4 DG Leica in stock so i thought i would pop it on a G3 and see what it can do. I took a load of quick shots all hand held and have posted one below. They were all great even at 1.4. This is such a nice sharp lens!!! If I don't get the Fuji X10 then this is a definite purchase as I love it and it would replace the 20mm f1.7.

Hand held at f1.4
Leica25mmTEST01_1024pix.jpg

100% crop of image above:
Leica25mmTEST02_1024pix.jpg

Back