Micro 4/3 Panasonic (Leica) 45mm 200mm M43 lens

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
On holiday and have used my 45mm 200mm Panasonic lens which I have never really liked

Still not sure about it, (compared with my Nikon DSLR tele), - but here are a few shots

First is taken with PL 14 45 kit - just to show distance - then the rest with the 45mm 200mm

The light is not great for shooting as it is hot, very sunny and there was a haze in the mountains

The first lot, (handglider - I suppose that you could call semi action shots)

The second lot are images of one of the Cathar Castles, (from the 11th century)

14 45 kit at 45mm
hand_glider_3.jpg

45mm 200mm @ 45mm
hand_glider_1.jpg

200mm plus a little LR to try to get rid of the haze
hand_glider_2.jpg

200mm
hand_glider_4.jpg

45mm
Queribus_1.jpg

200mm
Queribus_2.jpg

crop from above 200mm
Queribus_3.jpg

I like the castle on the hill. Is that near your place in France?

It is the Cathar Castle, Queribus in “the Aude” region, (departement), of France – in the South. There are a few of these Castles – they were not built by the Cathars, they were built many years before, (the 11th Century), to protect the inhabitants of this “border” region, (between France and Spain), against the constant fighting

The Cathars were a religious group who had a more basic and simple view towards religion, (than the Catholics)

If you want to read about a “religious” event and how the Pope, (and Catholic rulers), carried on in “the middle ages” – read about the Catholic massacre of the entire population, (20,000, men, women and children), of the French city of Béziers which was a stronghold of the Cathars who the Catholic Church, (The Pope), had condemned as heratics and which Catholic forces exterminated in 1209. The Catholic forces moved through the area killing all the Cathers and when they got to Beziers sacked the City and killed literally everyone, all 20,000, including Catholics who were of the same religion as the Pope, (the “good catholics”). One of the leaders of the Pope’s Catholic Army, the Abbot of Citeaux, (a man of the Church and the Pope's representative), was asked what should be done, (to all the people – INCLUDING the “good catholics living in Béziers who followed The Pope), once they, (the Catholic Army – the Pope’s Army), had captured the City – he said, (which is a famous expression in French history) – “Kill them all, God will know his own” (Tuez-les touts, Dieu reconnaitra les siens) – he said it in Latin of course – “his own”, being the “good catholics” who supported the Pope

“Our men spared no one, irrespective of rank, sex or age, and put to the sword almost 20,000 people. After this great slaughter the whole city was despoiled and burnt”

Thanks for the history tidbit. Seems like history keeps repeating itself over and over again.

The castle also reminds me of one the castles (allegedly) in the Highlands from the movie Highlander. "There can be only you!"

Back