Micro 4/3 Panasonic Lumix GF3 shots

ajramirez

Hall of Famer
Name
Antonio
I recently picked up a white Lumix GF3 body to complement my G3. So far, I am having a blast with it. Nice image quality, responsive, and with the 20mm or 14mm pancakes, very portable.

I do not know whether anybody else here is using a GF3, so I figured I would start this thread where people may post their shots. Here are some of mine to get it started:

6177555451_4ab0117ece_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6178081584_6467154969_o.jpg

6176913506_2987e67409_o.jpg

6176913390_a7bfd166fe_o.jpg

6090475751_8a351e6def_o.jpg

6090475607_8759ebd28e_o.jpg

6090475481_2614c58358_o.jpg

6090475365_4cb374e57e_o.jpg

6090475091_2053e21665_o.jpg

Let's see those GF3 shots!

Cheers,

Antonio

Superb images there. I would LOVE a GF3 to go with my G3 but the G3 does everything i need and it would be daft for me to have one........I bet i still get one though!!:D It would look so good next to my G3. Can you post a pic of your G3 and GF3 next to each other? Probably not a good idea but it would be nice to see!! (y)

Superb images there. I would LOVE a GF3 to go with my G3 but the G3 does everything i need and it would be daft for me to have one........I bet i still get one though!!:D It would look so good next to my G3. Can you post a pic of your G3 and GF3 next to each other? Probably not a good idea but it would be nice to see!! (y)

Thanks, Andy. I don´t think it´s any less daft for me to have the GF3 than it would be for you, but the price was right and I am glad I did it. I don´t have pictures of my GF3 and G3 together, but here are two separate shots. Not very imaginative or artistic, though.

6086199713_d762e55895_z.jpg

6086199653_e2e5055b91_z.jpg

Cheers,

Antonio

Oooooh! yum!:D I was having a play with the one at work today and it reminds me just how small it is yet it fits really well in my hand. Lovely little cameras!

Antonio, as always your eye for color is second only to your sensitivity to the subject. You should be getting commissions as you'll boost sales for the GF3. This camera shows a freedom in your work.
Very nice, Don

Beautiful work as always Antonio. Actually, even beautifuler than usual and that's saying something. Shooting with a small unobtrusive camera is a wonderful experience for this type of shooting and you're really nailing it here. REALLY nailing it. And, as noted, the colors and the processing are just wonderful. The first two you could have done as well with the G3 I'm sure. I'm a whole lot less sure about the rest, though - I think the liberation of the tiny camera probably let you shoot in a way you wouldn't have with the G3...

-Ray

Don, Bill, Ray and BB,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. I really appreciate them.

Ray, I believe you are correct in that the last four shots would have been different had I not used the GF3. The fact is that I was sitting almost right across the table from the people being photographed, and they did not even notice I was taking pictures. I think that the fact that the camera is white makes it even more unassuming. The only person who noticed I was taking pictures was my wife, who kept telling me to stop. Of course, I did not listen...:)

Thanks again, everyone!

Cheers,

Antonio

Some more GF3 shots

6251684040_585ebd2ccf_o.jpg

6251675778_2576aafc7d_o.jpg

6232373466_d4a0c21de1_o.jpg

6232153780_f1e5f6ce61_o.jpg

6231607275_8fd76410fe_o.jpg

6232125318_4f9b3d5f03_o.jpg

6245011711_aa190f0832_o.jpg

6245011637_245179af2a_o.jpg

There has to be someone else in here with a GF3. Let´s see some shots!

Cheers,

Antonio

I wish I did have a GF3 after looking at your pictures Antonio, they are superb. I have no more money to buy another camera this year but this little cam winks at me every time I window shop at our local camera store. Keep your pictures coming. I particularly love the pictures of the men sitting on the ground, such characters!

I'm tossing up between the GF3 and the E-PL3, your photos are lovely, they look like you used the dramatic filter on the Olly? what software do you use to make them look so good??? If you don't mind me asking?

I'm tossing up between the GF3 and the E-PL3, your photos are lovely, they look like you used the dramatic filter on the Olly? what software do you use to make them look so good??? If you don't mind me asking?

The color shots were processed from RAW using ACR, PS CS5, and Nik Color Efex 3.0, specifically the Bleach Bypass Filter. The same goes for the B&W shots, except that I used Nik Silver Efex Pro for the conversion.

Thanks!

Antonio

Even though the two portraits are lovely - how could they not be - there's something dreamlike about that second one of the glaring fellow and his companion from behind...the lighting is beautiful and sings of the New York City night.

I really like the B&W images! Beautiful range of tones and detail. Have been looking at this camera and the prices have dropped which makes it even more interesting. How do you like it by now?
Bruce

I really like the B&W images! Beautiful range of tones and detail. Have been looking at this camera and the prices have dropped which makes it even more interesting. How do you like it by now?
Bruce

I like it quite a bit. Image quality is, IMO, top notch. The camera focuses quickly and is quite responsive. And the best part for me is how compact it really is. I am using it almost exclusively with the 20mm pancake, and I carry it in a Manfrotto Nano II belt pouch which fits it perfectly, with no room to spare. It's small enough so that there is absolutely no excuse to not carry it everytime I go out.

Of course, if you must have an EVF, or if you need external flash, this is not the camera for you. I would not want to have it as my only camera, but as a take-anywhere camera, it fits the bill perfectly.

Thank you very much for your kind comment on my photos.

Cheers,

Antonio

Thanks for your response, Antonio!
What you use it for, a carry along, is really my interest as well. As much as I do like the DSLR it does at times become annoying because of its size. What I look for is decent IQ, had considered the NEX 5N but the lens size is a good deal larger. Not certain though if I could live with a fixed lens. Years back, many, when the zoom lenses first arrived for film SLR’s the image quality was, well, pretty bad and I used all fixed lenses. Recently the zooms have greatly improved and I suspect I would live with the kit lens most times. What is your experience with the kit lens in so far as IQ is concerned?
Bruce

Back