Micro 4/3 Panasonic Lumix GF3 shots

Thanks for your response, Antonio!
What you use it for, a carry along, is really my interest as well. As much as I do like the DSLR it does at times become annoying because of its size. What I look for is decent IQ, had considered the NEX 5N but the lens size is a good deal larger. Not certain though if I could live with a fixed lens. Years back, many, when the zoom lenses first arrived for film SLR’s the image quality was, well, pretty bad and I used all fixed lenses. Recently the zooms have greatly improved and I suspect I would live with the kit lens most times. What is your experience with the kit lens in so far as IQ is concerned?
Bruce

I don´t use the kit zoom lens at all. The one that I got with my G3 kit I gave to my son. Without getting into any serious pixel peeping, by looking at his shots it appears to be a very competent lens. However, although not large by any means, it certainly is not as compact as either of the pancakes. The new 14-42mm X certainly looks like a nice compact alternative, but I could not vouch for its IQ.

Cheers,

Antonio

alone_edit.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful! Nice to see another GF-3 user in here!

Cheers,

Antonio

Back