Micro 4/3 Panasonic LX / Leica D-LUX Image Thread

Very cool, Michael! Your first is my favorite the two - love the graphic design patterns that these birds have created thanks to your eye and the delicate nature of the street light and its interplay. Beautiful!

Very cool, Michael! Your first is my favorite the two - love the graphic design patterns that these birds have created thanks to your eye and the delicate nature of the street light and its interplay. Beautiful!
Indeed, two great shots.
There are talented people on this forum, that is the least I can say.

kusch, I do hope you will share some of your photographs here, when you have the time! I'd also like to invite you to introduce yourself over on the Welcomes and Introductions forum, too.:flowers_2:
When it gets warmer outside, I will. now it is too cold even for my dog to go outside :D
I will introduce myself later today, no prob.
Great forum anyway, with a lot of talented people.

5232611091_3fe66f9122_b.jpg

LX5

Nice shot. I love the way the lights on the trees have made them appear to be leaning over as though being blown by the wind, the clouds, and the walkers' shadows. Would be interested to know your settings - ISO, etc., if they're handy, ricks. Black and white was a great choice!

Thanks BB. I had been out trying street shots, thinking I had some great ones only to find out that when it is almost dark it is very hard to get a sharp picture if the camera and the subject are both moving. I was just about out of town, when I looked back and saw this and there was a convenient lightpole to lean against. ISO 400, 1/10, f2, -0.7

ricks this one is almost some kind of Rorschach image. It is quite something what one can do with a shallow depth of field, relatively high ISO and a slow shutter speed. The speed markers, the lines of the railings, the "fields" created by the water, coastline and sky all work so well together. There's a real dreamlike quality here as we watch those geese make their way for the night.

usayit, lovely delicate nature you've seen in your first and stunning color in that second shot!

Javier, is it ever not a glorious day out there?! It's dark and cold here right now, so I'm particularly jealous.:D

Thanks BBW.

The LX3 is my take everywhere camera... it begs to capture anything and everything that catches the eye. Its a blend of 1 part photographer's tool and 1 part fun casual shooter's tool. Very versatile... artistic still life, street, story telling, landscapes.. anything.

Here's a few more

5267265411_73002e9da1_z.jpg

5267244847_d3e0b493e3.jpg

5267265337_84b26d8331.jpg

5267265279_d9246c7ce0.jpg

5267265179_8a0980b988.jpg

5267265095_063186b1ed.jpg

5267264995_851de04eb0.jpg

5267871850_01d6cbc4b9.jpg

Back