Micro 4/3 Panasonic LX / Leica D-LUX Image Thread

Some famous landmarks from the True Hollywood, not the touristy section.
LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip2.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip8.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip14.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip11.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip35.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip34.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip23.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip21.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip31.jpg

LX-5meetstheSunsetstrip17.jpg

This is a very witty picture of this threesome. Do they sing, by chance?:D They are cute, but I know they have big claws! These are particularly charming looking, Roni. I had a tan and white one once named Alvin.

Michael, welcome to you and your "cute fellas" to Serious Compacts!!:D We've got quite a few members from The Lone Star State. Please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum so we can all meet up.

I've always wondered how heavy those longhorns are - their horns, I mean. I hope for their sakes they're walking away from the stockyards!

Thanks BBW,

I don't know how much they weigh, but expect the cows have very strong necks, here's a closer perspective and a set mounted on a caddy, (Tejas stylin' at it's best).

Attachments

• P101002.jpg
    P101002.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 176
  • P10103.jpg
    P10103.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 176
Last weekend I was in the local park watching and listening to the Uks largest outdoor classical concert. The park is excellent for this, sloping gently down to the river with the stage at the bottom of the slope. 35,000 people can sit where they like and all get a decent view;
6133773969_511288c885_b.jpg

The orchestra were on good form, a popular program with something for everyone and nothing too challenging.
6133774005_bf72356737_b.jpg

And because everyone like them, a good display of fireworks at the end;
6133773997_4dc3e12f7c_b.jpg

Arrived at SFO last night for a conference. This was taken from the 14th floor of the Mark Hopkins Hotel on Nob Hill with an LX-5: Two six second exposures at f/4.5, stitched using Autostitch. I basically used a book for a tripod. Corrected and straightened in PTLens. Note correction is far from perfect... distortion shows up strongly in the lines of the building lower left.

p508812428-4.jpg

May add some further attempts tonight. I am not completely happy with the focus on this.

I'm not sure why I hadn't noticed all these new additions to this thread, but I'm here now! Some of you know that I've seen your pictures over on Flickr because we're "contacts" there...and I've often commented there already.

I'm bringing this thread up for others to see what's going on because the quality is impressive and the color is excellent in here. Please don't hesitate to repost some of your photos into the various image threads - you need to spread the wealth!:bravo-009:

Back