Micro 4/3 Panasonic LX / Leica D-LUX Image Thread

Javier, I feel as though every where you look there is a photo op of unusualness! Is it really cold enough for the woman on the right's winter hat? Or is she just passing through, by the looks of her backpack and belongings?

Nice image - shirtless and shorts clad volleyball players off on the horizon and then intense conversation of these two - with a nice balance point of the young short-sleeved hooded skateboarder trying to get at their stash of stuff!:D

Thanks for your kind compliment, on my winter fence scene, too, Javier.

I think this new LX5 I got is going to become my small product photography camera when deep depth of focus is needed and final use doesn't require large reproduction size/quality. Often with the FF 5DMkII, I struggle to get enough depth of focus on product shots... when stopping down enough for deeper DOF, diffraction reduces sharpness. Even with the moderately large sensor in the m4/3 this can be a bit of an issue.

In comes the little, small sensor LX5 with wonderfully deep DOF for those times when you want deep DOF. I find the camera a breeze to use for small product photography. And when the final image size isn't going to be huge and the available light is good enough, I think these little buggers can do a fine job. I bought the LX5 to be the camera for "quick, grab a camera and go" situations when I don't want to be bothered with gear and making decisions over what lenses to take.

Image created with Panasonic Lumix LX5, RAW capture.
P1000239comp.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dhart, I'm glad you're finding the LX5 to be such a handy little camera. I think it is pretty amazing and believe that photos on this thread show off its versatility quite well.:2thumbs:

Just looking at this one page is a hint at what different photographers can get from this diminutive but powerful little package.

Nice LX5 shot of your GF1, by the way! Some of us know you from across the hall at our big sister site, but it would be wonderful if you'd stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum when you have a chance to say an "official" hello.:D

Taan, that's a beautiful image - this meadow view seems as though it's an fly over photograph of mountain tops, forests and water courses... At least that's how I first saw it, as though you's photographed it from an airplane...looking down on a vast, wild expanse below. Truly beautiful black and white tones, too!

I brought my LX3 along on this morning's dog walk in Didi Digomi. I found myself constantly reaching to flip up the rear screen. Memo to Panasonic: for the LX6/7 please add a nice top articulating screen just like the NEX. Thanks.

I ♥ Yuna

5534519978_0c6fb85f5e_o.jpg

110317-1020414 by ...olli..., on Flickr

Panasonic LX3 ISO80 f4 1/640 6.8mm

Lovely Yuna with the blue balcony "liners" and the repetition of lines and shapes. Old and new....and I can't help but wonder if the romance is still alive? I really like this one, olli. You and your dog see some wonderful sights together.

I am with you on that flipping up the screen thing, and I only had the NEX for an afternoon's walk. Add my name to that memo, please.

Is the sky really that blue where you are? If so I'm jealous. Or are you giving it a helping hand?

I take it the fence isn't supposed to be like this? It makes for a great composition though.

Well, it was a really truly blue sky day. It was that blue in my mind.:flowers_2:

Correct, there are several panels missing from this fence. It's not my fence but runs along a tall wall that is behind a friend's place...and I've been meaning to take a photo of it for a long time, so was relieved that it hadn't been fixed.;)

Trying some new experiments with LR3 processing. If it stinks, let me know. I do not mind the hard critiques at all.
From this past weekend at an anti war rally...LX-5

Some famous dude
P1080544.jpg

Spectator and chief
P1080557.jpg

P1080575.jpg

P1080599.jpg

P1080626.jpg

Her husband also
P1080588.jpg

P1080590.jpg

P1080598.jpg

I like the processing Javier. It has some bite without being OTT. I like you B&W shots but my world is coloured in so I generally prefer colour.

Just out of curiosity why were some of the folks being arrested? And who is the famous dude?

Javier, I think the colors and tones look good. Of course we all have different computers - that's always the difficult part. It appears to me that these have less sharpening than your previous color photos. I think this new processing has worked out very well for you.

That famous dude = James Cromwell, actor. He's been in quite a few movies, but "Babe" is one that first comes to my mind. :D

The Five Sisters

Hi, I went to the Five Sisters Zoo today hoping to take some pictures with my e-p2 for my occasional blog on mu-43, but as is coming a common event, the e-p2 never left my bag as my hands found my LX5 first and found no reason to put it down again. This little camera continues to amaze me. Here are a couple of my snaps from today.

5551667218_76ca559075_b.jpg

5551068487_89692b705b_b.jpg

Loving this thread. Don't post often, usually overwhelmed by the quality of your work, but was bowled over by my pics today I just couldn't help myself but share.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Briar

Fantastic, Briar!! Big things come in small packages.:D Although the color and quality of your parrot photograph is excellent, my heart has been stolen by that little monkey - that is a strong image and not a little sad. Wonderful choice of monochrome for his/her prison portrait.

**Edited - Mea culpa! I have no idea how I got your name wrong?!:redface:

Five Sisters

Thanks BB (is Nicole your new nickname for me?! LOL That's what I get for not speaking to you in a while) :)

I have more sad pictures ...

5551055715_ec0c5ff2b8_b.jpg

5551647678_af7a80548b_b.jpg

Have to say the animals didn't appear sad, instead quite lively and very interested in their surroundings. But then, it was almost feeding time at the zoo! I must have the knack of making my subject look miserable! Just don't ask me to take your portrait! :eek:

Cheers, Briar (aka Karen)

Back