Micro 4/3 Panasonic LX / Leica D-LUX Image Thread

Stunning photo, Michael.

The rhythmic interplay of a few suggestive forms produces a work that is -- at once -- abstract and real, not just illustrating what's inside the frame, but mentally completing what's outside the frame. It's neither here, nor there; but, in a space in between. Not to give a direct comparison, but it reminds me of the Photo Secession practitioners, and what one might have seen in Camera Work, edited by Stieglitz.

Very nicely done.

Well I'm really going to thank you so much Andrew for such kind words but please excuse my ignorance as I have no clue what you just typed :)
I'm going to have to do a bit of research and learn. Thank you

5669438166_f2d8412bf3_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another shot of the bridge in fog

She's a sweetheart. Gentlest dog I've ever known around people, very sociable with other dogs most of the time, but incredibly aggressive if another dog tries to get pushy - a consequence of her being number one dog in the neighbourhood in her street dog years.

Thanks kyteflyer. She's not bad for an Albanian street dog. It was a lousy day again here in Tbilisi - about three weeks since I took a photograph so I just got down on the floor and took a load of shots. It's unusual for her to be this co-operative. Normally she walks off or turns her face away.

About as nice a day as you'd ever want for a rapture, a picnic, a ballgame, or even a bike ride. I chose a bike-ride - the ballgame's tomorrow. In case of rapture, I'm gonna hang out and rebuild - hope my camera's still work! :cool:

Anyway, the first ride of the year where I actually took a camera along. Grabbed this first one at my favorite horse farm, the second at the local canoe company's put-in, and the third is just some random semi-rural driveway...

-Ray

View attachment 36685

View attachment 36686

View attachment 36687

Hi Ray, your rapture is getting lost in translation as it works its way across the pond. What are you talking about?

Beautiful shots, good to see your LX5 isn't lying gathering dust on the shelf.

Hi Ray, your rapture is getting lost in translation as it works its way across the pond. What are you talking about?

Beautiful shots, good to see your LX5 isn't lying gathering dust on the shelf.
Thanks Briar - just added a third photo. Re the rapture - there's some American preacher with his own radio network and too much money who's been predicting the end of the world, return of some old Jewish guy, etc, for 6pm today - its in all the papers! :D I'm starting to think it MIGHT not happen though - New Zealand and Australia should already have come undone by now and I haven't heard any such news. Its been good for several laughs here in the States - one of the funniest "straight news" articles I've ever seen on the front page of the Philly paper this morning - trying to interview the Red Cross about preparations and the like - "sorry, the end of the world is a little beyond our purview", stuff like that. The Philly Police Dept said "call us Monday". Much fun to be had.

I was sort of looking forward to it - I figured it was a win-win - the true believers would be in a happier place and the rest of us could get on with trying to solve our problems rationally. But, no such luck. Best laid plans and all that. Sorry, I thought it was a story that extended beyond our borders - sort of glad to know it hasn't.

-Ray

Ray, thanks for sharing "the news".;) I like your photos, all three - but I am concerned about that horse on the right, he or she looks awfully thin. I can feel the sparkling light in the river scene!

Back