Micro 4/3 Panasonic LX / Leica D-LUX Image Thread

Cool panorama. I really like the skies. They have an HDR feel. I was wondering about your processing. thanks.

Woof - wow! That panoramic view is especially beautiful!

Thanks very much!

ricks, as for processing, nothing much too special. I do use PSP X3, and I think what you are seeing is the result of something that used to be called "Clarify" that in X3 became "Local Tone Mapping." It tends to punch up contrast.

This version is a about half the frame... shows a bit more of the detail... Link to larger...
http://photos.papoosepublishing.com/img/s11/v32/p754508827-6.jpg

Yale Architecture. Expect to see much, much more of this...

I've previously shown this. Woolsey Hall, Yale University, the primary auditorium at Yale University. Woolsey Hall was built as part of the Yale bicentennial celebration in 1901. The architects were Carrère and Hastings, designers of the New York Public Library.

p391917149-4.jpg

Detail from David S. Ingalls Rink, Yale University

p470724433-4.jpg

Detail from David S. Ingalls Rink, Yale University

p150996948-5.jpg

Seaain

Thanks so much, Seeain for these new shots, as well as the link to your larger panorama. Please consider adding a link to your Zenfolio collection to your signature line.

Taken today with the LX-5... this is a bit of an abstract piece...

Cesar Pelli's Malone Center at Yale University, 2005. This building houses Engineering, and is LEED-gold certified. Juxtaposed against Watson Hall, Computer Science.

p153253264-5.jpg

Something a bit jarring about seeing these interesting, somewhat historic looking streets and buildings, with wash hanging out on the line, and then to see a Mickey Mouse bath towel in the midst of it! :cool:

Great little cameras, those little LX 3s and 5s. I wonder sometimes why I sold my LX5 only to now have an X10. Yeah, the X10 is a bit of an advance and I enjoy it more in some ways, but nothing at ALL wrong with the LX - incredibly well executed little cameras that are more than good enough for the vast majority of photographic tasks...

Well done.

-Ray

I agree, Ray. I miss my LX5 and its wide angle.

woof, thank you for showing both versions of that walkway in Ingalls Rink - although I prefer the depth of color in your first, I do like the sunlight and the shadows it throws in your second very much. I often find myself taking picture of the same place at different times of day or different seasons. There is always another view, isn't there?

olli, it's so good to see these from your walk around Tbilisi - and to see the colors, the sun...and Mickey and friends on tha clothesline with the wonderful reflection behind - I've missed seeing your walk around photos very much!

Ray every time I pull it out and use it I wonder why I bother with other cameras. It just keeps it all simple and doesn't get in the way.

BB the next batch will look a little different - I'm sitting here looking out the window at snow on the rooftops.

Fraid not - wet and slushy mostly through the day. Though it was quite dry and crisp snow overnight so Bella had a grand time this morning rolling around in it.

Today the sun is shining and the sky is bright blue. Unfortunately we have people out working on the house so I haven't been able to get out and shoot in this perfect weather. Instead, I pulled out the LX3 and took a few snaps round the house. Here are a few of them.

6357611091_471f7402e1_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1020834 by ...olli..., on Flickr

6357611201_a385cff3d3_o.jpg

P1020852 by ...olli..., on Flickr

6357611271_727863aaae_o.jpg

P1020855 by ...olli..., on Flickr

6357611405_ff88d0bdae_o.jpg

P1020875 by ...olli..., on Flickr

6357611545_039311e938_o.jpg

P1020886 by ...olli..., on Flickr​

Back