Micro 4/3 Panasonic LX / Leica D-LUX Image Thread

Javier - I always enjoy your work, but there's something about the second shot in this most recent series that I really like a lot. Something about seeing just enough of the woman's face to catch her expression/attitude, having her body and posture reflect that attitude perfectly, and then the environs and the clothes and the cross on her neck all work quite well together to create a very strong mood/impression.

-Ray

Thank you very much for the kind words. I saw what you saw in the picture as well. I wondered If I was going to be the only one. :)

Javier, I can see what Ray means regarding that one of the young woman sans head...and I, too, like the angle along with the fire escape. The one of the older man, with his plastic bag, walking past the frilly dress shop is very poignant. I don't know how you PP these or perhaps it is all in camera settings for your jpegs but this one in particular stands out to my eyes as working so well with this scene's subject matter. Very strong "juxtapositioning" going on. Yes, I have just made up a word! !

Thank you kindly. There are days when I go out and come back with nothing. In fact this is most days. On this day though, I did come back with a few i liked.
These I processed in lightroom v3.2. I just got it and am enjoying the ease and speed of it. :)

P1040924.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1040928.jpg

P1040942.jpg

P1040950.jpg

P1040955.jpg

LX-5

I agree with Javier, ricks! Your two portraits are my favorites, and I can't wait to see more. I really like those two very much. I hope I can convince you to post larger versions in the future. Please check out this thread, if you need any more pointers: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/

Andreas, your picture combining the old and more modern juxtapositions is something that I wouldn't see where I live - we're too young a country for the most part.;)

Thanks a lot Javier. Your pictures always intrigue and inspire me. The picture of the guy above was the first street shot I have taken in about 35 years.

Thanks so much BB. I don't think I will ever forget one of your b&w pictures of your daughter, really outstanding.
I had looked at that post. I have no web presence so I guess I am in the first section. There was a link to learn about the gallery, but it took me to the m43 site where I was denied access.

ricks, thank you for your kind words.

I see now that the details on the gallery are linked to Mu43's site. I'll see what I can do to remedy that and will write more about it later today, on another thread. I'll be sure to send you a PM.;)

New LX5, I am very happy with the camera. Tried the multi exposure option. The resulted photo looks like a reflection.

5208759609_4d937cd48a_b.jpg

Roni

Attachments

• 5208759609_4d937cd48a_b.jpg
    5208759609_4d937cd48a_b.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 30
Javier, I think your 4th of the kissing couple in front of that engagement rings store's sign is fantastic!:bravo-009:

Roni, I had no idea about the multiple exposure option! Very nicely done! I do remember your daughter, so now I know you're the same Roni G I used to see over at Mu43. She's a beauty and has grown up quite a bit. :D

P.S. I am really looking forward to more of these multiple exposure photos and will have to give it a try myself.

Not so amazing really. I never forget a face...names on the other hand... But seriously, I do remember your daughter and I remembered you for a number of reasons - your posts, your name and where you're from which you mentioned here in your introduction. It's either all that or I spend far too much time over on Mu43 and here, too - but I believe it's the former.;)

The colors in this photograph (Man and Bridge) are fantastic! I love the smooth changes from the deep blue all the way down to the orange in the lower part.

Back