Panasonic Panasonic LX5 - My ongoing review (updated 29/09/10)

Don
Excuse my answering your question although not directed at me.
The LX5 resets back to default after powering on or off. The only way you may be able to circumvent this is by setting one of a number of user defined Custom Settings available within the camera. It may or may not work with AF settings. I personally have not tried to do this, but have defined a number of custom settings, for color, picture size, bracketing, etc.
I still love this camera and am happy that I now have it along with the GF1.

Don
Yup..I'm a youse! Did you end up getting one? Off to the Sierra's for a few days tomorrow..to see and take pics of the fall colors. This will be my 1st time up there during this season and we're tenting it. Got my heater and my camera's back soon with the show!

Karen,
Yes... I picked one up yesterday..... It took all of 5 minutes to feel comfortable as it's like a baby GF1....
Enjoy your dayz up in the Sierra's, one can get lost up there and never want to come back to civilization... can you imagine.....?
Kiss the sky for me out there.... Thanks...Don

Don, Sorry I couldnt reply early, I've been really busy these last few weeks, Karen nailed the question right on the head though - thanks Karen :)

*Currently tidying the review - I'll add a few more photos (some will show the in camera special effects), I'll make 2 accessory recommendations and structure/reword the review* - this might take me a few hours... I'm having one of those leisurely lazy days :tongue:

Hey there, yes some of it is macro, or putting the LX5 to 90mm at 3.3, and getting a lot of distance between the background and the subject, whilst standing as close to the subject as possible (hope that makes sense). Macro bokeh is pretty amazing on the LX5 though, for it being a small sensor compact and all :)

Apologies too all that I haven't completed this review - I will try to over Xmas, but I've been soo busy with assignments at uni - last 2 do in the end of the coming week :)

Also if people are wondering why I'm selling the Lx5 despite all my good comments about it, it's because I dont have an DSLR at the moment, sold my G1 and lenses in August for a trip which never happened. And now I'm missing the shallow DOF and higher ISO performance a DSLR can give u, although being much bigger. Currently looking at a GXR and the 2 APS-C sensor modules, which have some crazy customisation options - every individual colour can be adjusted to your liking in Jpeg and you can customise a lot of the buttons too, shame its pricey though, so I might just get a DSLR and some fast glass, dreaming of the 35mm 1.4L... LOL in otherwords - I want the money to invest into a system

Back