Micro 4/3 Panasonic's in-camera Monochrome filter/s

Another foray into l.monochrome.d-land... taken late at night with minimal available light.

GX9_Feb19_24_going_for_a_ride(bookshelf#1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really like the way it renders darks and blacks.

Well, Rich, I don't pretend to either be more advanced than anyone else or to have a better eye. The way I see it (pun intended), each one of us has our own way of seeing things or looking at things, and further complicating the question is that, as time passes or life changes, a person may change or modify how they see things - and the kinds of pictures they take, with one or another camera.

……But until then, the l.monochrome.d pictures which my GX9 makes (and which a small handful of other Panasonics, including the G9, the S1 and S5, and even the FZ1000.ii, also have as part of their built-in firmware-software) ... somehow keep satisfying me in ways that both surprise me... and have saved me the hours of obsessive tweaking I've done to convert other digital RAWs into monochromes that I 'like'.

Short-answer to the original question: probably 'cause I'm obsessed ;)
Thanks Miguel for info in this post last fall about Panasonic fz1000-2 having the monochrome L-D setting.
I love that high b+w contrast but didn’t want to spend more on a GX9 (or any more cameras…)but willing to give it a go with the FZ1000-2 from mpb.
I’ll follow up with new posting in a few weeks after my trade in process’s and they send the FZ.

John in Southern California

Thanks Miguel for info in this post last fall about Panasonic fz1000-2 having the monochrome L-D setting.
I love that high b+w contrast but didn’t want to spend more on a GX9 (or any more cameras…)but willing to give it a go with the FZ1000-2 from mpb.
I’ll follow up with new posting in a few weeks after my trade in process’s and they send the FZ.

John in Southern California
Good luck with the new FZ1000ii, John - and I'm both looking forwards to seeing some of your images with it - and also curious as to how they will turn out.
Incidentally, also welcome to Cameraderie!

Back